Tijuana Saurus Rex

Tijuana Saurus Rex

A Poem by Mark


Tijuana Saurus Rex



Sunset in old Tijuana , it’s a dinosaur of a town.

Dining on a Bronto burrito of introspection,
Full of meats of madness, with beloved beans of benevolent thunder.

Stuffed with hot peppers of pride and passion layered with a legerdemain of lettuce and Tyrannosaurus Tomatoes.

Topped off with a nuclear Chernobyl chili sauce that will have you singing
Ave Maria, in 2 part harmony.

And as I sat there , a young girl at the bar raised her eyebrows and smiles at me.

But I am in no shape for any women, for I had met my match in this burrito, so I got up, walked to the edge of the Jurassic parking lot and slowly became a fossil while I watched the sun go down.

© 2018 Mark


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Lol, love your expression here..."topped off with a nuclear Chernobyl chili sauce that will have you singing Ave Maria, in two part harmony". You've captured the ambience of Mexico without a doubt, and I love the ending. Thanks for the trip and the pleasure!

Posted 5 Years Ago


Mark

5 Years Ago

Thanks for reading , Kelly! Glad you enjoyed it!
Wow, is this some walk on the wild side. As I'm a dinosaur who loves hot food and hot women, there's a lot to chew on here. I feel a song coming on, so gimme some more of those beans of benevolent thunder! This is a great little trek to Mexico.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Mark

5 Years Ago

Thanks much Sam! Great minds, great tastes run alike!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 9, 2018
Last Updated on October 9, 2018

Author

Mark
Mark

Central mountain range, Puerto Rico



Writing