Here Comes Goodbye

Here Comes Goodbye

A Story by Eli Blayze
"

This is based off of the song by Rascal Flatts, Here Comes Goodbye. A truly amazing song.

"

I never thought I'd find myself standing at his gravesite. He was such a wonderful man, and I never wanted it to end like this. The love in our relationship should have prevented his untimely end.

It happened a few weeks ago. I was driving up his drive way. The music was turned off in my car (which was unusual), so I could relax and think about this. I turned off the car and sat for a few minutes, trying to find the correct words. The words, lost somewhere inside of me, that would change things forever. I could see him looking out of the window at me, his face showed a displacement, a saddened state.

 

I opened my door and climbed out. His door seemed like a million miles away. I wasn't ready for this. Here comes goodbye, I thought to myself. I knocked on the door instead of just walking in.

 

"Hello beautiful, I love you." He said as he embraced me and kissed me. I hugged him tightly.

"I have to go away for awhile." I said softly as I gazed deeply into his eyes. I was dying on the inside over this. My heart crumbled into a million pieces.

"What do you mean?" He let a tear fall.

 

I ran out, unable to tell him the truth. Yes, I went away. I later received the letter and the news of his death.

 

The pain is unmistakable. My dear Juliet, my darling angel, Annie. Why did you leave me? I thought our love was true. Why, why why why? I'm sorry to everyone. The bottle is getting lighter as I am feeling freer. And my jeep. My jeep, it calls to me, and it calls to me. It tells me to go off the cliff. Darling, I couldn't take hearing your vehicle on the gravel road. I knew it when you knocked, Here comes good bye I knew it.

 

If only he could have known the truth in it all. I was not leaving him. I had to go away for cancer treatments. I did not want him to worry.

And the pain is too much, standing here now. At his gravesite.

I picked up the gun, Here comes goodbye.

 

© 2011 Eli Blayze


Author's Note

Eli Blayze
Again, Based upon "Here Comes Goodbye" By: Rascal Flatts.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really liked this. So deep and powerful, depressing and mysterious, this was great, and you incorporated the song title in just the right way. Good job

Posted 12 Years Ago


neat and deep. llike!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

390 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 10, 2011
Last Updated on June 11, 2011
Tags: country music, music, rascal flatts, country, songs, based on songs, sad, end, cancer, death

Author

Eli Blayze
Eli Blayze

Pittsburgh , PA



About
Hey there! Thank you for stopping by! I am just an unknown aspiring author who. Barely gets time to write anymore. I used to post on this site in high school. It’s crazy to look back and bar.. more..

Writing
Moments Moments

A Story by Eli Blayze


Schizo Schizo

A Story by Eli Blayze