Part Two Of Returning Home (A High Price To Pay)

Part Two Of Returning Home (A High Price To Pay)

A Story by KAREN
"

Will Cadey get to return to earth to her beloved husband, Logan?

"

     Each day and night  Cadey felt cold and lonely since she had returned to her kingdom.  She wanted to end her life, but killing Logan's unborn child was out of the question.  She knew she would have to tell her father about the baby, and she was afraid of what he might try.

     "If only father would have let me stay on earth I would  be a beautiful woman and be with my handsome husband, Logan," Cadey cried.  She peered into the lake, trying to decide if she were yellowish green or fungus green.  Either way she was ugly and unappealing.

     She closed her eyes and thought of her life on earth.  Cadey decided even though her father had forbidden it, she would take a look on earth just to see if Logan is alright.  She was just about to close her eyes and fade away when her father came up behind her.

     "And what do you think you're doing?"  He snarled.  "Did I not forbid you to look down below?" He asked.

     Cadey jerked her lizard head around.  "Father," she said calmly.  "I was just going to take a look."

     "I know what you're doing, and I will not let you disgrace our family any longer."

     Cadey stood on hind legs, shaking her front legs in her father's face.  "I love him, father."  She wasn't sure, but she thought she felt the baby move.  A small smile curled on her lips.  "I need to see if he is alright.  Please," she begged.

     Her father just stood there staring at her for the longest.  She hoped that meant he was seriously thinking about sending her back.  But she was wrong.   A male lizard had came up and stood next to her father.  His head was dark green, and the rest of his body was light green.  He smiled at Cadey, showing his long, pale green tongue.

     "Who is that?" Cadey asked, dizzy. She sat down on the ground.  Her father stared at her suspiciously.  She rested her pointy paw on her belly.

     "This is Bullins."  Her father paused.  "Your new husband to be," he said, patting Bullins on the back.

     Cadey gasped.  She was horrified.  "Never!" She yelled. "I refuse to marry him."

     Bullins walked up to her.  He placed his scaly paw on her shoulder.  "You're beautiful," he said in a low, husky voice.  Green saliva dripped from his lips.

     Dizziness swept over her again.  Nausea threatened to make her throw up.  Cadey took in a deep breath.  "Please, father, let me go back to my husband."

     "You will marry him!" Her father roared.

     Cadey without thinking blurred everything out.   "I'm pregnant with Logan's child.  She sucked in a deep breath and held it.  "Let me go back," she cried.

     "You're a disgrace! Go!"

     Cadey jumped  up in total excitement.

     "On one condition,  you'll go back as you are!"

     Before Cadey could protest she was back on earth in her husband's bed as an ugly green, slimy lizard like creature.  She stared at her sleeping husband wondering what she was to do.

 

 

© 2011 KAREN


Author's Note

KAREN
Tell me what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

What?? Hope there is more.. lol!! Loved the twist at the end!! Part one was a tad creepy, this part was better storytelling all around! Enjoyed reading both parts!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Good..!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Great read!! Super glad you continued with a part 2 and I hope you write a part 3! Im dying to know what happens next!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Well I need to read part one to get the total feeling, will do that ASAP. But it is very entertaining, definatly want to read the outcome of this story, so keep the chapters coming!

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is an engrossing story with a twist at the end that leaves me wanting more. You have blended human characteristics into probably less than appealing creatures in the minds of humans, nevertheless, the ugly heroine is considered sexually attractive to one of her own kind. Prearranged marriage determined by her father to another lizard-like being and a previous love in human form residing on a different planet. Two worlds colliding. A fantastic mix.

Fantastic writing!

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is great! I'm hoping there's more. I want to know what happens to Cadey next.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Found "Returning Home" and Part Two delightful reads but left me wanting to know more and unwilling to leave Cadey in such a predicament. Definitely looking forward to a Part Three...

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love the Taboo.
You tell a wonderful story.

Posted 12 Years Ago


A creative tale of forbidden love. The ending is left open and you could make this a much longer piece if you wanted to.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Cool story! I wanted to keep reading it was so interesting and held my attention. I enjoyed reading this!

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

586 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 9, 2011
Last Updated on October 25, 2011
Tags: Creature, Green Wife, Husband, Earth, Kingdom

Author

KAREN
KAREN

Harrisville, MS



About
I love to write and cook! Me and my sister will soon be the author of a children's book titled Feelings Feelings Feelings, and a cookbook in the near future titled Two Heads In The Kitchen. I e.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..