What did Jesus himself say that he came on this earth to acheive now, first ?...

What did Jesus himself say that he came on this earth to acheive now, first ?...

A Chapter by stranger-n-life
"

The simple words of scripture about what Jesus himself said he came to do... as distinct from what others say ...

"
Matthew 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the House of Israel.
Who then is this 'House of Israel' , is there any such nation , and why does he call them his 'lost sheep'?

Jeremiah 50:6 My people hath been lost sheep: their shepherds have caused them to go astray, they have turned them away on the mountains: they have gone from mountain to hill, they have forgotten their restingplace.

Who are their shepherds if not the Rabbis of Israel ?

Does God then reject His people before accepting them, and is that what the Messiah came to do , show them that they are wrong ,then gather them under himself as the one king of the nation yet divided into two kingdoms, the House of Judah and the House of Israel ?

Heb 8:8 For finding fault with them, He saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the House of Israel and with the House of Judah:
9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, andtheir sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

This then is grace, unmerited forgiveness, but only for the House of Judah and the House of Israel despite that they were rejected , only for the children, the descendants, of those who broke the old covenant , only for those whose fathers broke the Law, the Torah..

So many of them are Jews , are the House of Israel Jews then , did they ever accept Judaism ? :-

Jeremiah 16:13 Therefore will I cast you out of this land into a land that ye know not, neither ye nor your fathers; and there shall ye serve other gods day and night; where I will not shew you favour.

Does the scripture not pose a conundrum in this passage of the Torah ? :-

Deuteronomy 32:21 They have moved me to jealousy with that which is not God; they have provoked me to anger with their vanities: and I will move them to jealousy with those which are not a people; I will provoke them to anger with a foolish nation.

How can a nation not be a people ?

How can a nation who are foolish [not believing in God] make the Jews jealous ??

Does the scripture then not answer its own conundrum [as usual] by an explanation further down the line in time? :-

Isaiah 7:8 For the head of Syria is Damascus, and the head of Damascus is Rezin; and within threescore and five years shall Ephraim be broken, that it be not a people.

Is there any doubt that Ephraim is the leading tribe in the Northern kingdom of the divided nation of Israel ?

Does this mean then that the House of Israel is a nation that simply ceased to be a people ?

How then are they without God? ... does the scripture answer this ?

Deuteronomy 28:64 And the LORD shall scatter thee among all people, from the one end of the earth even unto the other; and there thou shalt serve other gods, which neither thou nor thy fathers have known, even wood and stone.

Did the Jews then ever cease to be a people ? ... Or did Judaism keep them together in service to the God of their scripture?... were they not then always a people ?

Are the House of Israel truly Israelites then but not Jews?

Does the House of Israel then have a role in returning to union with the Jews as this foolish nation that ceased to be a people , who are now forgiven by the new covenant [Jer 31:31-34] and to whom alone the messiah was sent according to the scripture ?:-

Matthew 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the House of Israel.

Is this not then why Peter underlines the importance of recognising that this lost nation will be the royal priesthood of God [alongside the Jews] ? :-

1 Peter 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

Are not these words then simply repetitions of the words given by God in the Torah and the Prophets ? :-

Exodus 19:6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

Hosea 1:4 And the LORD said unto him, Call his name Jezreel; for yet a little while, and I will avenge the blood of Jezreel upon the house of Jehu, and will cause to cease the kingdom of the house of Israel.
5 And it shall come to pass at that day, that I will break the bow of Israel in the valley of Jezreel.
6 And she conceived again, and bare a daughter. And God said unto him, Call her name Loruhamah: for I will no more have mercy upon the house of Israel; but I will utterly take them away.
7 But I will have mercy upon the house of Judah, and will save them by the LORD their God, and will not save them by bow, nor by sword, nor by battle, by horses, nor by horsemen.
8 ¶ Now when she had weaned Loruhamah, she conceived, and bare a son.
9 Then said God, Call his name Loammi: for ye are not my people, and I will not be your God.
10 Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, there it shall be said unto them, Ye are the sons of the living God.
11 Then shall the children of Judah and the children of Israel be gathered together, and appoint themselves one head, and they shall come up out of the land: for great shall be the day of Jezreel.

Is the Messiah not that one head , who will re-unite Israel into a nation of priests as was revealed by God to Moses.? ... Is it not clear that Israel is not yet a royal priesthood or a nation of priests ?

Ezekiel 37:22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all:

Does the scripture then explain why Jesus/Yeshua was sent to the lost House of Israel and yet most Jews remain disbelieving in him as the Messiah to this day ?

John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence
__________________



© 2010 stranger-n-life


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

393 Views
Added on April 17, 2010
Last Updated on April 17, 2010

The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Bible...


Author

stranger-n-life
stranger-n-life

London, Wildlands, United Kingdom



About
A poet , looking inside and out for relations to the spirit of love that is so far 'above' this world ... truth of heart that tears apart the lies which many folks, for now, live by ... from which .. more..

Writing