Why examine scripture before deciding to 'go to church' ?

Why examine scripture before deciding to 'go to church' ?

A Chapter by stranger-n-life
"

Jesus instructed his followers , the saints, to pray when alone ...

"
Cos' the scripture is written by saints and prophets, at least originally it was, but the churches are full of sinners with nay a saint or prophet in sight ....

Quote:
2 Timothy 3:16 Every scripture, is God-breathed, and profitable�"unto teaching, unto conviction, unto correction, unto the discipline that is in righteousness,�"
It seems then to make more sense to listen to what Jesus and the saints and prophets of God have written than to listen to modern sinners preaching divided doctrines and things which just aren't in scripture or directly conflict with scripture ...

The point though is that one has to read ALL the scripture to get the unique understanding promised by God in His word :-
Quote:
2 Peter 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

Luke 4:4 And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.
_________________


© 2010 stranger-n-life


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

254 Views
Added on April 17, 2010
Last Updated on April 17, 2010

The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Bible...


Author

stranger-n-life
stranger-n-life

London, Wildlands, United Kingdom



About
A poet , looking inside and out for relations to the spirit of love that is so far 'above' this world ... truth of heart that tears apart the lies which many folks, for now, live by ... from which .. more..

Writing