Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Strigoikillerr





 

 

 

 

            I heard them before I even could see what was happening. The pounding of feet along with the metallic clash of swords and armor grew louder with each passing step. The front door suddenly swung open, allowing several intruders to barge into my home at once. Swarms of the Queen's Guard came pouring into my house like some kind of tsunami of death. They came wearing all black. Their faces were cold, dark, and fierce.

            “Mom!” I cried, limping my way towards my frail mother. My leg burned in protest from the venomous bite, and I had just started to be able to move it. The fang marks were already starting to fade away, but the pain was still there.

            Two black haired drow held my mother around her biceps in their steely grasp before I had time to react. My mom’s raven black hair fell across her face, hiding her defeated expression. The rest of the Queen's Guard stood behind her, faces impassive.

            There seemed to be a silent signal that passed through the guards, and they straightened up at once with their chins pointed upward just as a lean, willowy figure made its way into my house. There, standing tall and imposing with a long black dress, was the Queen of Ohrog. She slowly walked through my home, glancing around in disgust. It was clear she did not want to be here.

            Her hair was deathly white and fell all the way to her waist. Her gray fingers were long and bony with sharp black nails that looked more like talons rather than fingernails. Her face was frightening with blood red irises. She focused her attention on my mother before slowly turning towards me.

            “Little Zamyrla, would you please tell us what happened to your leg, dear.” The Darkling Queen spoke softly to me with cruel red eyes. A forced smile was on her face.

            “I, I was bitten,” I stuttered. I glanced towards my mom, who gave me a reassuring smile. She wanted me to be brave. My mother didn't want me to be afraid, but oh was I terrified. Why was the Queen of Drow standing in my living room? Why was my mother captured?

            “By what?” The white haired queen asked.

            “A kelpie.”

            “Yet you are walking around nearly unscathed. You should be dead, little one,” she said with a smile. The Queen’s bony fingers awkwardly patted my head in an attempt to be gentle, but the movement was too stiff. Too forced. “How did you survive?”

“A potion,” I said nervously, staring at my mother's beautiful, frightened lavender eyes. “Brewed from my mother. It can cure kelpie venom.”

            The queen suddenly laughed. It was bitter sounding and without any real humor. She turned toward her guard and causally flicked her fingers toward my mother in a subtle gesture. A white haired male broke apart from the group.

            “Lady Leiona, your heinous witchcraft will not be tolerated. You must pay for your actions with your life,” the white haired male said as he moved in front of my mother, revealing a long slender blade.

            Before I could understand what was happening, he slammed the sword into my mother’s chest. I heard her grunt in surprise as her lips parted on a face contorted with agony.

            No!” I screamed as tears abruptly streamed down my face. No. They couldn't have. My mother could not be dead. They couldn't have stabbed her like that. No.

            I watched her shocked violet eyes fade into a blank stare as she collapsed in the guard's  grasp. Her green shirt started to seep blood and began dripping audibly on the floor. The dark elf yanked the sword from her chest, and I watched, horrified, as the blood continued to gush out of my broken mother like a dam. More and more of my mother's life dripped to the floor.

            The male tossed my mother's limp body at my feet. I could only stare in absolute horror and disbelief.

            “Let this be a reminder to us all. Magi elves are not allowed to exist. We will never tolerate them, nor will we ever forget what they did to us in the past. All magi elves discovered will be sentenced to death. No exceptions,” The Darkling Queen said coldly.



© 2013 Strigoikillerr


Author's Note

Strigoikillerr
Very rough draft of the prologue. Still working on it! Any suggestions? Would LOVE some feedback :)

Thanks!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Personally, I think we could use some more for the connection between the mother and daughter. Like around the top. Have them doing something peaceful. It would really make the entire thing so much more intense for the reader, really.

I honestly have no complaints. That was very well written in my opinion. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Personally, I think we could use some more for the connection between the mother and daughter. Like around the top. Have them doing something peaceful. It would really make the entire thing so much more intense for the reader, really.

I honestly have no complaints. That was very well written in my opinion. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow, that was super intense! Awesome prologue, it was written really well. The name Zamyrla throws me off a bit when I read it, but I'll probably get used to it. Great job!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Strigoikillerr

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much! She goes by Zame for the rest of the book ^^
It's pronounced like (Zam-air-.. read more
Wonderful beginning. I wonder what will happen to her now...

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Strigoikillerr

11 Years Ago

Thanks! :) The prologue is in another POV than the main character. It kind of explains it in the fir.. read more
THIS IS SO GOOD!! You've got fantasy down pat. ;) I shall definitely keep reading this one. (:

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Strigoikillerr

11 Years Ago

Thank you Insanity :) Fantasy is definitely my element. I just love it :P
Well, OK! You've got my attention! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

461 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 10, 2012
Last Updated on June 20, 2013


Author

Strigoikillerr
Strigoikillerr

NC



About
Let's see, my name is Emily. I'm 22 and love all things fantasy. Faeries, elves, mermaids, vampires, and nymphs are my favorite mythical beings. I've read too many urban fantasy novels to count, a.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Strigoikillerr


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Strigoikillerr



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Homeless Homeless

A Poem by Bluefire


Ancient Custom Ancient Custom

A Poem by Tex


I Remember You I Remember You

A Poem by Tex