Madeleine's Maiden Voyage

Madeleine's Maiden Voyage

A Story by StunnedByGrace
"

Words from the womb... to her unseen parents

"

She is coming soon!  Yes, she will be here soon " in her time " in God’s time.

‘Wait for me,’ she says.  ‘Your anticipation, your expectation, hope and joy

must be tempered and purified, like steel, by your waiting.’  ‘Don’t rush me - there will be all too many times of rushing, hurrying, and scurrying, once I arrive.

 

You expect, but I will come unexpectedly.  Remember, there will be other times, later on, when you will again have to wait for me.  I must warn you now.  I come, shrouded in mystery, clothed in suspense and excitement.

 

I long to see you, to hear you, touch you and to smell you, just as you long for these things with me.  Yet, I am apprehensive too, as you are.  You fear that I may not be as you expect me to be " I fear that you may not love me for me.

 

I need to come to your love, and yet even now, I begin to grieve the loss of this, my sanctuary, where God has lovingly knit me together.  I am safe.  I am protected.  Nothing to control me or conform me to any image other than what the Creator has in His mind for me.  And yet, an inexplicable power surges through my being, impelling me toward your world of wonder and awe - to see your smile " to see the grass, a flower, ants walking along unaware of me " to be held, rocked, sung to, to learn, to grow, to love, to listen to a story!

These things await me.

 

Please vow that you will protect me, as best you can, from the evil in the world.  I vow that I will love you in a way that you have never been loved before.  Are you ready?  I will be there soon, to be grafted into your heart.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Gus Wheeler

07/21/98

1:00 AM

© 2013 StunnedByGrace


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice piece, but some of the writing does take a turn into the pedantic and stilted. I'd consider going back and looking over your word choice in this piece and considering if it really contributes to the story or not. You've got a very nice concept here that comes across as very devout and longing, but it is a little difficult to read as it stands, and I feel like you could make it much more accessible if you wanted to. Either way, well done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


StunnedByGrace

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much! Appreciated!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

231 Views
1 Review
Added on February 18, 2013
Last Updated on February 18, 2013
Tags: birth, womb, God

Author

StunnedByGrace
StunnedByGrace

Leominster, MA



About
I am a disciple of Yeshua the Messiah. I enjoy writing, singing, nature and sharing the love of God. The land of Israel and her people have captured my heart. more..

Writing