Bob and Rhonda on Life

Bob and Rhonda on Life

A Story by Kara Hadley
"

a little conversation for your a*s. -enjoy-

"

Bob: I should have left school last year when I had the chance.
Rhonda: why?
Bob: just the mistake of being myself in front of others alienates people.
Bob: that sounds so cliché
Rhonda: that's what life is, my friend. A huge, unrealized cliché.
Bob: elegantly put.
Rhonda: thank-you.
Bob: funny, I used to believe Justin was someone I could talk to.
Rhonda: and now?
Bob: he asks what's wrong so I begin to explain as he falls asleep, literally.
Bob: it's happened so much, so f**k it
Rhonda: that's him. You learn to take the good with the bad. Because when he's good he's great.
Rhonda: though I don't want to make excuses for him. Because there aren't any.
Bob: I have been friends with him for a while, but that's only when he doesn't have any other friends around, otherwise he doesn't know me.
Rhonda: that tends to be how he is.
Bob: why must I always be like second or third string in a line of friends?
Rhonda: because you settle for that.
Bob: there's no way to change the way people feel about me, so what's the use?
Rhonda: you can refuse to be second string.
Rhonda: don't be afraid to be alone.
Bob: everyone goes out and builds up so called camaraderie
Bob: through different things
Bob: I can't help that I don't like to leave my house
Rhonda: you lean towards being a loner. Or a homebody. And there's nothing wrong with that.
Rhonda: but if you feel you need/want more then put yourself out there.
Rhonda: do things you wouldn't normally do. Or wouldn't want to do. You could be surprised.
Rhonda: or you could learn just how much you love being at home.
Rhonda: either way you'll learn something.
Bob: I'm just not accepted as an individual, I'll just have to accept it.
Rhonda: accepting things is how you grow.
Rhonda: at least that's what I’m told.
Bob: the problem is, this isn't even my problem, thus the beginning unfurls...
Bob: and when all I have is the f*****g internet to discuss with people my feelings on certain things, I tend to want more I guess.
Rhonda: then get more.
Bob: If only I knew how.
Rhonda: that, darling, is what we're all trying to figure out.
Bob: its tough riding a bike in the dark with no handlebars...so why don't I just quit riding and go to sleep?

© 2008 Kara Hadley


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

388 Views
Added on May 25, 2008

Author

Kara Hadley
Kara Hadley

About
i'm kara. i'm short. i like to bake. i love music. i'm a little skanky. people say i'm funny. i have blonde hair. spelling isn't my forte. i have big teeth. i have bigger dreams. i'm a little superfic.. more..

Writing
F**k F**k

A Story by Kara Hadley


Bridge Bridge

A Poem by Kara Hadley