The Origin of Ideas

The Origin of Ideas

A Story by Devyn Summers

Looking around I didn't see anything. At least not at first. Not just an empty room or a blank canvas just nothingness. No windows, no walls, no light, no dark, no sound, and yet no quiet. Oblivion is I suppose the correct term for it. I looked down expecting to see my own body floating through the infinite void but instead seeing more of nothing. Looking back up now completely frightened, I spot a mirror. Finally something to visualize. In the mirror I see a figure and I go toward the glass. The figure crawls towards the mirror at the same rate as my approach. Of course. My reflection. I reach my hand out to touch the cold parallel only to draw back when I only saw the reflection move slightly differently to me. But the reflection didn’t draw back. It kept moving. And through the mirror it pushed its fingers.  The face of the body was still blurred but the hand was fully clear in this room of nothingness. I felt something grab where I imagined my arm to be although it was not visible. The person on the other side looked to its arm as I did to mine still mirroring me in everything but my hand. The arm that I didn't seem to control pulled me into the other side by my arm forcefully. I don’t know my reasoning but I didn't want to go. I tried to fight back but my attempt to get away only brought the figure in the mirror further back therefore me closer to the other side. My face portion of my nonexistence was brought closer and closer to the other side and finally I could make out the features of the other face. At first the emotion copied that of my own. Pure terror. But then suddenly changed to something else. It smiled. Not a happy one but one that would be used on a creepy doll. The toothy grin didn't last more than a few seconds before its face went serious and it started pulling my seemingly invisible body to the other side. When my face reached the other side I could see my body start to materialize but it was a very slow process. The figure now above me was immense its whole hand being able to shroud my surroundings in darkness. I tried to move to run away from the giant but I seemed to be immobilized. And there I stayed in place. For hours. Then days. Then months. Then years. Locked in time. I will stay here until the end of existence. Here I have time to think. And time to ponder what to think about next. I need no food. I need no rest. I am imagination. I am creation. I am inspiration. A portrait of my creator transfixed on paper. Here until the destruction of the paper on which I was born.

© 2014 Devyn Summers


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Creative, dramatic and very well-written.
A more-than-worthy offering, Deyn!

Posted 9 Years Ago


You are a great writer and I really Love this Work, I really do! I mean its amazing!
Great Work, I can read this like a hundred times and never get tire of it

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 18, 2014
Last Updated on December 18, 2014
Tags: art, ideas

Author

Devyn Summers
Devyn Summers

About
Im a high school student who is just getting into writing on a daily basis and would love some feedback on my poems and short stories. more..

Writing
The End The End

A Story by Devyn Summers