Stage Fright

Stage Fright

A Story by Devyn Summers

The audience clapped for the person ahead of me and I felt a rush of nervousness at having to go up there next. I took a deep breath before trudging onto the stage. I stopped in the center and faced the audience the lights shining on my face nearly blinding. I spotted my friend in the front row who gave me a smile and a thumbs up. I knew that no matter what I did they would clap but I still couldn’t help but feel overwhelming tension as I started speaking. Throughout my monologue there was silence from the audience. I stumbled over my lines stuttering and hesitating just trying to focus on remembering them. I felt my legs start to shake like they were about to give way beneath me. I couldn’t fall. Not now. Not after all the practicing I did. I would make it through. I have to. I was about halfway through when I forgot what to say next. The time it took me to remember them seemed like an eternity though it was probably only a few seconds. I recited the last words of the prologue and just like I thought the audience clapped as I stepped off stage. Sitting back in my seat I knew it probably wasn’t as bad as I thought it was, however I couldn’t shake this feeling of anxiety. My heart was still beating quickly five minutes after my performance.

© 2014 Devyn Summers


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
Added on December 20, 2014
Last Updated on December 20, 2014
Tags: acting, nervousness

Author

Devyn Summers
Devyn Summers

About
Im a high school student who is just getting into writing on a daily basis and would love some feedback on my poems and short stories. more..

Writing
The End The End

A Story by Devyn Summers