A Summer's Evening on the Beach

A Summer's Evening on the Beach

A Story by writingcrazy55555
"

A quick, descriptive story I recently wrote.

"

On the beach on a particular summer’s evening, there is something beautiful.

No, it is not the deep blue water, that lazily rushes in and surges up the shore before returning back to its ocean home.

No, it’s not the family of five swans lazily gliding soundlessly through the pure blue water, barely creating any disturbances, with their pure white feathers that glisten and shine and radiate their peaceful vibe.

No, it’s not the lovely girl sitting on the sand with the midnight hair and the turquois eyes. She wears an ivory and silver gown that accentuates her shape and flatters her, with a frilly bottom and elegant sleeves. On her feet she wears nothing, and her toes caress the sand that is slowly becoming colder and colder.

What is beautiful is the sunset. The colors are so magnificent that only someone witnessing it would believe it. The soft colors fill the sky. There is a soft pink, a glittering gold, an exuberant purple, a silver like a brand new nickel, that covered the sky like a colorful blanket.

© 2012 writingcrazy55555


Author's Note

writingcrazy55555
I love to receive reviews! ;)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I do too ;)! Well this was great! I loved the imagery, the felling, and the flow. The lines are great! This poem made me feel as though i'm on a beach seeing all of this stuff.

Posted 11 Years Ago


writingcrazy55555

11 Years Ago

Thanks! :)
David the writer

11 Years Ago

Thank you, the beach is very relaxing
Very descriptive!
I liked this short story, quite a bit. It's descriptive, and imaginative. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


writingcrazy55555

11 Years Ago

Thanks!
I haven't even gotten half way that I've started loving this piece... You tend to describe nature in the most imaginary way, filling mind with a clear picture of what your writing is about. You are a poet with the sense of colourful imagery. Nice piece

Posted 11 Years Ago


writingcrazy55555

11 Years Ago

Thank you! Yes I love to describe nature.
I absolutely love all of the imagery you are putting into this! I once saw a sunset over the ocean at a beach in San Diego and it looked like pure gold was being poured from the sun into the water. It was absolutely breathtaking in its beauty.

Posted 11 Years Ago


writingcrazy55555

11 Years Ago

Yes it is a spectacular sight, and definitely worth writing about!
FantasyLover24601

11 Years Ago

I agree.
Very nice scene, kind of like poetry in prose. Is it a scene from some larger story?

Posted 11 Years Ago


writingcrazy55555

11 Years Ago

No, I just felt like writing a story about a sunset ;)
very pretty:) i wish i could witness something as wonderful as what you described!

Posted 11 Years Ago


writingcrazy55555

11 Years Ago

Yes, it is spectacular!
Timeless-Chan

11 Years Ago

ah! so jealous >_
This is so descriptive, I feel as if I'm right there in your story. Great job!

Posted 11 Years Ago


writingcrazy55555

11 Years Ago

Thank you!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

551 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 18, 2012
Last Updated on July 20, 2012
Tags: description, descriptive, story, pretty, lovely, sunset, water, waves, sand, beach, evening

Author

writingcrazy55555
writingcrazy55555

NY



About
I am a writing crazy person (hence the name), for no other reason besides the fact that I love writing! I love to read too, and LOVE the Harry Potter series! I write whenever I have free time, and I a.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..