Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Willow's Sky
"

'It was all a dream - a fantasy shattered by the depth of reality. Just a dream waiting to end.'

"
Previous Version
This is a previous version of Prologue.



It was all a dream - a fantasy shattered by the depth of reality.
Just a dream waiting to end.

I remember it all - the red horizon laced with black velvety clouds, that little boy's cry as he was ripped from his mother's cold, dead arms. Walking through town, head bowed down and eyes dull and lifeless. 'A walking corpse,' they said, 'haunting for the sake of revenge'.

Most of all, I remember Them.

West would always be smiling and cracking jokes - in fact, I only ever saw him drop his smile once. When she died, he began to wither away, until all that remained was an empty shell. Surprisingly, the strongest was the next to fall. Beas knew it was a lost cause - his sacrifice was to save the one he loved most.

Only three remained - Tash, West, and myself. We knew we could not let this continue, so we pushed on. It had to end.

The youngest was next. We knew it was coming, but even that knowledge could not stop the knife from plunging into his back. I will never forget the look in his eyes before they closed forever - the pure devotion raging in those fading irises.

Now there were only two left to carry the heavy load to which we had been assigned. We tried, but we could not avoid fate. Our destiny had been decided from the very start. West met a truly heroic end on the battlefield, where it had all began. The fight was long and grueling, but we refused to give up. It was only when every enemy had fallen that he finally gave into the persistent darkness, uttering his last words into the chilly air.

"I'm coming, Seria."

My greatest fear came true that day. I was alone.

The war continued to rage on, I was now the only one who could stop it. I thundered back onto the field, fueled by the strength of five. Some say I was a demon sent straight from the fiery pits of hell. No one could stand up to my power - no one but Him.

Blow after blow, wound after wound, we fought long into the night. Ironically, we fell at the same time. There was no victor, only a river of blood to compensate for both side's losses. My father once said that I belong in hell, but guess what? I was already there.

Now i'm stuck in a clash between fantasy and reality. I can see them all.

Seria. Beas. Tash and West.

Mother.

You were all there waiting - hands extended just for me. But somehow, I had never felt so alone.


© 2010 Willow's Sky


Author's Note

Willow's Sky
I can't say i'm completely satisfied with this prologue, but I haven't decided how I would change it. There's a lot of additional information about this that will be revealed later, but for now, what do you think?



Reviews

I really like the word choice and flow of it. I thought that it was mysterious and a great way to start a story and hook people in.
Great job :D

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

12 Views
1 Review
Added on June 20, 2010
Last Updated on July 31, 2010
Tags: fantasy, strange land, reincarnation, life, death, spiritual


Author

Willow's Sky
Willow's Sky

About
Hello! I'm Willow's Sky (or WS). I joined this site after a LONG long time searching for somewhere to post my original stories. Most of the sites I looked at were either not very active, or just had a.. more..

Writing