ASYMMETRY

ASYMMETRY

A Poem by Gheeneil
"

So much like your reflection in the mirror

"

Fidelity to actuality:
A belief to an intuition.
Your mind tells you what should exist
Human as you are.

Amid ocean of words,
I swim into the depth of your thoughts
My lexicon is full;
My hunger is not sated.

Scrape of the quill on ivory sheet
Polished by a creative mind
Yet behind it, the scrawling words--
Bare of imagery; devoid of beauty.

Everything is surreal-
The feeling; the thought
Words drip off yellow pages
I see nothing but stains now.

Published on 
WALKINGBLIND ART AND LITERATURE
Digital Magazine 
October 2010

© 2018 Gheeneil


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

There was much more behind reflection than simple appearance. Introspection can be terrifying yet exciting as the speaker delved into vast corridors of their mind; beauty and ugliness. "Asymmetry" described inner beauty accurately. Flaws such as blemishes, scars, and moles was perceived as beautiful. This concept was applicable to the psyche. Evidently, word choice the writer uses has negative connotations such as "bare of imagery and "devoid of beauty." The last stanza concludes the writer's perceptions; he or she did not believe she was talented or great.

Overall, "asymmetry" to me was beautiful because of its theme of imperfection. We critique ourselves as an editor. The writer double can be neglected when the editor takes over. Thank you for sharing.

sincerely,
ria

Posted 7 Years Ago


Like the first I read of yours... the elegance in the way you portray your words... just moves you slowly and effortlessly down the lines...

Posted 10 Years Ago


i can see why this is published...it is quite good.

i see the reflection being the muse..and the poet wondering why her words aren't better than they are.

what is in my mind doesn't quite make it to paper. i visualize but my words don't show what i want them too...

it is that constant battle with the muse...
and that idea that we are our own worst critcs.

like it

relate to it

jacob

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.

~ incredibly perceptive work...

Posted 11 Years Ago


This brings thoughts of 17th century Europe to my creative mind! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

published on.. damn right published.. nice write.. execution is nice, format near perfect, visuals, everything.. nice write! i tip my hat to you (: now, WRITE MORE! -s

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Words come, words go. Words can hide our true feelings, or reveal our tranparency. This is a beautiful piece.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Gheeneil, your poetry flows from the depths, I felt your words punch through in your delivery...just awesomely artistic...I always enjoy reading your poems. And yes, even in reality, everything can be Surreal.

Posted 12 Years Ago


What a balance of abstract and concrete thoughts solidly stated. You have a brilliant write here!

Derek Walcott: "Break a vase, and the love that reassembles the fragments is stronger than that love which took its symmetry for granted when it was whole."


Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

881 Views
19 Reviews
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on June 1, 2009
Last Updated on May 23, 2018

Author

Gheeneil
Gheeneil

About
“If I read a book and it makes my whole body so cold no fire can warm me I know that is poetry. If I feel physically as if the top of my head were taken off, I know that is poetry. These are the.. more..

Writing
THE STENCH THE STENCH

A Poem by Gheeneil


f(x)=x^2 f(x)=x^2

A Poem by Gheeneil