The Dichotomy of Life

The Dichotomy of Life

A Poem by Sunflower 20

Don’t tell me who I can and can’t be. I am neither myself nor your perception. I am merely the disappointment of others. I am a reflection of self, a mirror to your failures. I do not judge, I do not deceive, I do not condescend. I merely observe and absorb. Your life is my deception. It is my being, my soul, my beating heart. Everything I am, everything I do, is because of you.


Do not question me; do not cower from me, for I am what you made me. I am the dream you dare not speak. I am the memory you lock away in the darkest corners of your mind. I am the thoughts you dare not question. I am everything you dare to be. I am you. 

© 2012 Sunflower 20


Author's Note

Sunflower 20
Just your honest, insightful opinion would be much appreciated :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Again, wow! You are amazing! You should really get published, and enter contests, and all that stuff, cause your work is so great! I would buy your book for sure! Really, I'm pretty speechless cause your poem is so good! I need to read your work more often!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

285 Views
1 Review
Added on September 25, 2012
Last Updated on September 26, 2012

Author

Sunflower 20
Sunflower 20

Melbourne, Australia



About
I'm a 15 year old young writer who absolutely loves reading and writing. My stories have been praised by teachers, friends and family but I would really like someone to critically edit and give me fee.. more..

Writing