Lady Faberge

Lady Faberge

A Story by Ada
"

A quick character study.

"

It’s such a pretty thing, there. No dust, not a crack! Smooth. Such a pretty thing. People come from all over to see my lovely little egg! Must be kept safe, out of hands of visitors with grubbing fingers. Oh, I love my visitors and feeding them cakes and tea with just the right sweetness of cream. It’s my egg, you know, delicate and oh, just lovely! Sitting there on my mantelpiece. It must be by itself, you see; I want no accidents about it! Why, I don’t know what I’d do if anything happened to my little egg! Suffer so much as a ding, and I’d turn a dingy old bird, certainly! Maybe die, I would! Why, if anything happened to my little egg, what would my visitors think? Oh, for Heaven’s sake, I couldn’t bare such looks. Mocking, sneering, the grubbing fingers prodding me, their grease sticking on my skin. Play hot potato with my egg, I’ll show you"out the house they go but they’ll be back and I’ll welcome them smiling. Oh, sweet dears they love my cakes and tea with just the right sweetness of cream. It’s my egg, you know. I just adore my lovely little egg. I have a satin pillow for it to sit. It’s a royal egg, you see. But no glass casing to choke it’s dazzle, oh no! No, these walls are no cage for little old me. I can come and go as I please but who would want to leave such a fine and dainty egg? Last I went out, oh, I don’t remember the last time I went out, a terrible boy ran by, knocked me on my old bones. My poor little egg. It’s so fragile, you see. Can’t bear to leave the house, oh no. I must keep it on its sweet pillow for the visitors to come see. They’ll come to visit me, the visitors. They’ll talk about my lovely little egg and I’ll smile and give them cakes and tea with just the right sweetness of cream. It’s my egg, you see. It’s such a pretty thing, there. No dust, not a crack! Smooth. Such a pretty thing, my egg. Such a pretty little thing.

© 2014 Ada


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
Added on June 29, 2014
Last Updated on June 29, 2014
Tags: lady, faberge, character, study, egg, elderly, old

Author

Ada
Ada

About
I was born in another world, another time. There have been many of me, a new self for every moment that has been, could’ve been, or never was. A time wanderer and a weaver of worlds, creation ef.. more..

Writing