Half Exposed Bear Trap

Half Exposed Bear Trap

A Story by Stephen J. Vattimo
"

article exploring why a christian and a unbeliever should not enter a covenant relationship together.

"

Greeting Friends,

You have seen that i posted yesterday, this scripture verse: 2 Corinthians 6:14-17 King James Version (KJV).
I began writing a lesson on this scripture,but before i could finish it my compute had a brain fart,and lost it or may be the spirit world cause this to happen.

Well if God has appointed me to write about a subject,and I get deterred by the dark side of the force, you can bet i will try again at another appointed time.

The subject about Christians being involved in covenant relationship with none christian is a common , but dangerous relationship to be in.

Examples of covenant relationships:

Dating,Courtship, Marriage

Close friendship (best friends)

Business( owning a business together with a unbeliever)

The main reason Christians and unbeliever should not be in a covenant is because we live in spiritually by polar world. 
We Humans are like spiritual conductors : Like a man standing in in a open field with his bare feet in a pale of water while holding a ground rod in his hand during a lighting storm.

A christian is a conductor toward the kingdom of God.

A none Christian is a conductor toward the kingdom of the devil and his fallen angels.

Their is no harmony between between the two spiritual forces.
they push away from each other like magnets do when you try to force them together .

So the same thing will take place in a covenant relationship between a Christian and a none believer.
There will always be sever contention at every turn of decision making .
The reason is the partners in the relationship do not share core values ( spiritual world view).

Contrast between the heart sets:

Christian love God
They want to know the mind of God, and seek to live along side God,obeying His will,and serving him.
They lock to God to be their provider and protector
They believe in being part of a spiritual rescue team to save the spiritually lost by spreading the good new of salvation from eternal death through faith in Christ being their Savior and lord.

None Christians ignore God
They want to live their lives with out God's percents,
They rebel against His guidance or authority in their lives.
They reject the thought that they needing anything from the hand of God.
They reject The Word of God( believe the bible is just a storybook filled with fables).
They believe every thing they have in live is to be spent on them selves, nothing should give to a God that does not exist.
They hate the gospel message and those who spread it.

Why wont a covenant radiation ship between a christian and a none believer work ?

God will not bless the relationship because a christian is disobeying God command by entering this covenant.

The Devil will use this act of disobedience to disrupted , and destroy a christian's life.

This act of disobedience will cause spiritual drifting.

This act of disobedience will have and adverse affect on your those who you have close relationship with,family and friends.

So in conclusion I leave you with this thought.
If you want to live a prosperous life, when you see a half exposed bear trap in your path,change your course .

2 Corinthians 6:14-17American Standard Version (ASV)

14 Be not unequally yoked with unbelievers: for what fellowship have righteousness and iniquity? or what communion hath light with darkness? 15 And what concord hath Christ with [a]Belial? or what portion hath a believer with an unbeliever? 16 And what agreement hath a [b]temple of God with idols? for we are a [c]temple of the living God; even as God said, [d]I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 17 Wherefore

Written Stephen J. vattimo
August 29, 2017

© 2017 Stephen J. Vattimo


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good stuff! A lot of truth in a sense.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 5, 2017
Last Updated on September 5, 2017
Tags: article, teaching, spiritual, religious, christian, business, truth, unbeliever, covenant relationship, marriage, dating, god, devil, world view, conflict, decisions, disobedience, faith, blessing, cu