Unpopular Portrait of Jesus

Unpopular Portrait of Jesus

A Story by Stephen J. Vattimo
"

An article that explores how God's son submitted Him self under ungodly authority to accomplish God's plan to redeemer humanity from damnation and to restored fellowship with God.

"
Jest. That you could pick Jesus out of a group of people because he was the one with the hollow around His head.
Because Jesus’s title is the Son of God, most people I talked to said he must have been a real attractive looking man, Who possessed a Apple Crombie model body. 
The Bible tells us in Isaiah 53:2, to the contrary Jesus was ordinary Physically, and in His demeanor. Isaiah 53:2 For He grew up before Him like a tender shoot, and like a root out of parched ground; He has no stately form or majesty That we should look upon Him, Nor appearance that we should be attracted to Him.
Though the Bible does not record what Jesus life was like before He started his three-year ministry. The Bible record many examples that Jesus was submissive to earthly Authorities. Philippians 2:8 
Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.
Here a few examples that show that Jesus was submissive to both government and religious authorities.
When Jesus healed someone, he instructed them to show the healing to the priest and make the offering sacrifice that is commanded by Moses. Matthew 8:4
Jesus paid taxes to the Romans, which finance the occupation of Israel by Roman military and diplomats.
The Jewish religious leader tries to trap Jesus, with the question of, was it spiritually right to pay taxes to support an occupying government that was pecan and it’s leader claimed to be a God who demanded worship. One of the 10 commandment is that the Jews should have no other Gods other than the God of Abraham, Jacob, Isaac. 
Mark 12:13 �" 17 
13Then they sent some of the Pharisees and Herodians to Him in order to trap Him in a statement. 14They came and said to Him, “Teacher, we know that You are truthful and defer to no one; for You are not partial to any but teach the way of God in truth. Is it lawful to pay a poll-tax to Caesar, or not? 15“Shall we pay or shall we not pay?” But He, knowing their hypocrisy, said to them, “Why are you testing Me? Bring Me a denarius to look at.” 16They brought one. And He said to them, “Whose likeness and inscription is this?” And they said to Him, “Caesar’s.” 17And Jesus said to them, “Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s.” And they were amazed at Him
The altamente submission to world authority is when Jesus submitted Himself to a all-night trial where Jesus was sentence to death by false accusations, Then had to be shuffled Between the Jewish leader and the Roman optioned leaders to obtain a sentence of crucifixion. 
Yet in the garden Jesus could have call down a legion of angels and whipped out the temple guards who went to arrest him by force of weapons.

Matthew 26: -51-54
51And behold, one of those who were with Jesus reached and drew out his sword, and struck the slave of the high priest and cut off his ear. 52Then Jesus said to him, “Put your sword back into its place; for all those who take up the sword shall perish by the sword. 53“Or do you think that I cannot appeal to My Father, and He will at once put at My disposal more than twelve legions of angels? 54“How then will the Scriptures be fulfilled, which say that it must happen this way?”

So why did Jesus submit to the worldly authority? Because God set up governments to protect humans from be Annihilate by unchecked evil people. The Bible teach that His children should obey Earthly authority to honor God.
1 Peter 2:13-17
13 Be subject for the Lord's sake to every human institution, [a] whether it be to the emperor[b] as supreme, 14 or to governors as sent by him to punish those who do evil and to praise those who do good. 15 For this is the will of God, that by doing good you should put to silence the ignorance of foolish people. 16 Live as people who are free, not using your freedom as a cover-up for evil, but living as servants[c] of God. 17 Honor everyone. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the emperor.

Now let us paint a portrait of Jesus’ life, the first thirty years. Before Jesus started His three-year ministry, I believe He experience the same trials and tribulation that every Jew experienced. He worked as a carpenter to support himself, He paid taxes. He had bothers and sisters. He was the head of his family when His father Joseph die. Which was culturally His responsibility being the oldest male of the family.
I am sure he experienced injustice against Himself and those close to Him. The Roman soldiers bullied the Jewish people often, through beatings, robbery, and rape.
I am sure Jesus got sick, tired, hurt.
I believe that Jesus strictly obeyed authors the priests and the old testament books of the Bible.
Matthew 5:17
"Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill
Jesus’s first thirty years were so ordinary, when He read the prophecy about Him self in the book or Isaiah, His home did not believe their home town boy had the qualifications to be a candidate to be the Messiah. Their disbelief was so strong He could wok any miracle in their town.
.

Luke 4:16-24
16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and he entered, as his custom was, into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up to read. 17 And there was delivered unto him [a]the book of the prophet Isaiah. And he opened the [b]book, and found the place where it was written,

18 [c]The Spirit of the Lord is upon me,
[d]Because he anointed me to preach [e]good tidings to the poor:
He hath sent me to proclaim release to the captives,
And recovering of sight to the blind,
To set at liberty them that are bruised,
19 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord.

20 And he closed the [f]book, and gave it back to the attendant, and sat down: and the eyes of all in the synagogue were fastened on him. 21 And he began to say unto them, To-day hath this scripture been fulfilled in your ears. 22 And all bare him witness, and wondered at the words of grace which proceeded out of his mouth: and they said, Is not this Joseph’s son? 23 And he said unto them, Doubtless ye will say unto me this parable, Physician, heal thyself: whatsoever we have heard done at Capernaum, do also here in thine own country. 24 And he said, Verily I say unto you, No prophet is acceptable in his own country.
My conclusion statement is that Jesus Though Being a pattern in the creation of all that exist, Though He was equip in partnership with God the Father and God the Holy Spirit. He lower Him self by taking on the flesh of man, to be acquainted with all the trials and tribulation Human struggle through living in a sin cursed world. He was tempted by the devil as we are but sinned not. 
Hebrews 4:15
For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin.
Contrast between Adam and Jesus.
Adam was dwelling in a perfect world when He was deceived in to disobeying God, bring separation from fellowship with God, death all creating, and judgement on humanity. 
Where Jesus leaves His glorious throne, lower himself and take on Human flesh, dwell among sinful being in a creation that is crumbling under the decay of the curse of sin. Jesus does this redeemed humanity back to fellowship with God buy His obedience onto God to the point of death.
1 Corinthians 15:22-28 King James Version (KJV)
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

23 But every man in his own order: Christ the first fruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.
I am hoping that this spiritual meditation has encourage you to trust God more when you are going through a trial and you feel small and alone, For Christ is always beside you , and is personally acquainted with you struggle because He has bend their before. So ,He knows the strength, guidance, and provision you need to conquer your situation.
So, put Him in control call upon Him for help.

Written by Stephen J. Vattimo
June 2, 2019

© 2019 Stephen J. Vattimo


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

52 Views
Added on June 2, 2019
Last Updated on June 2, 2019
Tags: Jesus, the Messiah, salvation, sin, god, injustice, submission, authority, attraction, example, restored, apologetic, spiritual