Chapter 3 Relationship Starts

Chapter 3 Relationship Starts

A Chapter by Susan14
"

this chapter is also a boring one

"

 

 

 

The weekend passed by very quickly. Mostly I was reading my books all weekend, while thinking about what he was doing. I accomplished my goal of finishing tree of my books and starting on the fourth. On Sunday he had called and we chatted for an hour till Jacob interrupted us and he had to hang up. The week went by very quickly; we had done our presentation the best one. We spent time together almost every Friday in August, September, October; I never really had a relationship with him.
                It was November 2nd, and we were in Biomed now and we were getting assigned another power point. We weren’t close to done so I was going over his house today. We went on the bus but instead of me actually getting off at my stop we got off at his stop.  I called my parents and told them I was at Canon’s we had to work on a project. My mom was okay with it. (Oh just great, my parents were getting involved into my social life, just what I needed.) We finished the power point at 4 and had nothing to do. Jacob left for his room while I was putting everything away. Canon’s mom called him downstairs so he had to go for a couple of minutes. That’s when Jacob came back into the room.
                “You know he likes you too.”
                “What did you say?” I asked.
                “You heard me. He’s just too afraid to ask you out. But I got a feeling that he will today.” That would be amazing. “I’ll see you later.” Then he left.
                “See you.” I whispered. Canon came back into the room once he left.
                “Hey, what’s wrong?” He asked, I guess I didn’t have the right look on my face.
                We just laid there on his bed not talking but starring out into space. He suddenly sat up, and so did I.
                “What’s wrong? Do you need me to leave?” I asked even though I didn’t want to.
                “No. I had to ask you something.” I was starring at his back at this point.
                “Then go on, ask me.” I turned him to face me. I had never seen his face so confused or worried, at the same time. Something was definitely wrong.
                “Um…… I don’t know how to tell you, I’ve never asked this to any girl.”
                “Oh just go ahead Canon.” I encouraged him and he seemed to have enough confidence to tell me.
                “Well, here go’s. Will you go to homecoming with me this Saturday?” He shut his eyes close tight. I didn’t know why he did that but he did.
                “Yes, I will go to homecoming with you.” I said slowly, giving him a tight hug at the same time. My parents were already here to pick me up and dad honked the horn, he was always so impatient.
                “I’ll pick you up at 12, at your place tomorrow.” He yelled after me when I left his house. Yes this was really happening. Going to homecoming would lead to dates which lead to a relationship with the most beautiful person in the world.
*******************************
                The next morning, I called up my friends and all of us went shopping for dresses, jewelry and shoes. Cecilia had a beautiful baby pink dress with silver jewelry and silver shoes. For me, I picked out a baby blue dress with silver jewelry and sliver shoes.
                We went back to my house where I told them to call their dates and tell them to pick them up here, my mom was going to drop us off at the school. We did each other’s make-up and hair and got ready; we looked stunning from my perspective.
                “So Susan, you know who our dates are,” only because they had just arrived, “So who’s taking you to homecoming?” We were all in my giant guest room by this point. I secretly had called Canon earlier to ask him arrive a little before when he was suppose to, and a minute he should be here. The door bell rang, everyone got up to follow me, but I told them to stay where they were, I wasn’t going to run away. I left them all in the room, hoping they wouldn’t judge my date so badly. Well the boys wouldn’t because all of them already knew him. Hopefully my friends would approve. I opened the door knowing it was Canon behind it.
                “Hey.” I said.
                “Hey” He stepped in, giving me a kiss on the cheek. He brought out a bouquet of roses, my favorite.
                “These are for you.” He handed them to me. I smelled them, they smelled so wonderful. He took one rose, cutting it from its stem and putting it in my hair.
                “There, that looks much better.” I gave the flowers to my brother who was kind enough to put them in a vase. I lead Canon to the guest room, calling my mom at the same time.
                “You guys ready?” I said to the others but they were in shock to see who was next to me. Canon looked at me like what’s wrong with them. I threw him a confused look.
                “Guys, you do want to go to homecoming right.”
                “Yeah, let’s go.” Ashly said, grabbing her data, Vinnie, and heading towards the door. We made it to the school in no time. By the time we made it there, the dance had already started. The others went to go dance to the nice slow and romantic music.
                “Shall we?” Canon said. I turned to him and he had a hand extended towards me. I took it without thinking and had him lead me to the dance floor. I put my hands around his neck, while he put his hands on my hip. The perfect song was playing, nice, slow, and romantic. I liked the way I was close to him, for some reason I felt very safe. He was the first one to break the silence.
                “Why were your friends surprised to see me at your place?”
                “I don’t know, I guess they didn’t expect you to come and be my date.”
                “Oh.” We didn’t say anything else, but instead we just stared into each other’s eyes the whole time. It felt like such a special moment, a moment that I wanted to last forever, but knew that it wouldn’t last.
                “So does this mean that we’re girlfriend and boyfriend?” I asked.
                “I think it does. This is sort of like a first date isn’t it.” He said leaning in close to me. The music had slowly faded away and Canon and I floated to where the others were. The boys toke Canon outside to talk, and the girls toke me to a table where they had laid there things down. Here came all the questions. Might as well be prepared. I took a couple of deep breaths before letting them talk.
                “How did this happen? When did this happen? You have to tell us.” Ashly said. I knew she would be the first one to ask a question.
                “It happened yesterday and for how it happened, even I don’t have an answer to that.” I leaned back in the chair I was sitting in. They all just stared at me stocked at what I had said. Why was me being with him such a shock to everyone?
                “Wow you’re a very lucky girl.” Alicia, my friend, came up to me and said. I stood up to give her a hug; I hadn’t seen her in so long.
                “Hey, who are you here with?”
                “I’m here with John, a friend from my old school, he doesn’t go to this school.” She said, trying to show off.
                “Well that’s really good.” The other’s came back at that same moment. Canon wrapped his arms around me, giving me a kiss on my cheek. He directed his attention to Alicia then.
                “Hello, I don’t think we’ve been properly introduced before. My name’s Canon.” He said. She just stared at him, I spoke for her. 
                “Canon this is Alicia, my friend from eighth grade.”
                “Well it’s very nice to meet you.”
                “It’s nice to meet you too.” She said. “I’ll see you later Susan.” She left. Wonder what her problem was lately. Every time I looked happy she tried to ruin it. I turned to face him then, the others weren’t really paying attention.
                “Why don’t you tell the others that we’re going back to my place. Can your mom drop us off there?”
                “Yeah she can. It’s a good thing everyone keep their other clothes in the car, no need for a side trip.” I turned to the others then.
                “Guys, it looks like the dance is about to end anyway, why don’t we go. We’re going to Canon’s, my mom’s going to drop us off there, so don’t forget to take your clothes out of the car.” They nodded and headed towards the door in pairs of two. Canon and I were the last two to get out. My mom was already there, so we got in. I told her where to go and she nodded telling me, “Don’t forget to call me when you need to come home.” We got to his house in no time. As soon as we got in, we all changed our clothes, being in a dress had its advancges but I hated to be in them for so long.  We all were in his living room by this point. We were five different chairs, you know, girl with boy. Jacob and Katie had joined us by this time. We were just all talking about how the dance went. I didn’t talk; I just stared at them all. They all looked peaceful; there was no denying that fact. Canon showed them all 3 rooms that they could go to if they felt too tired. They all left immediately.
                “Wow, didn’t know they were that tired, would have showed them the rooms earlier.” We laughed together.
                “Let’s go to your room, I tired. How about you?”
                “Yeah, so am I.” We ran up to his room; he caught me by the waist, stopping me just short of the bed. We laid on his bed then, starring at his ceiling, which had stars on it.
                “It’s been a very long day.”He said.
                “That’s for sure.” He sat up then and so did I.
                “Anything wrong.”
                “No.” He replied. I stared down at my feet, not knowing what to do.
                “Susan….” He said. I turned towards him. He was inches away, giving me no room to escape.
                “Yes.” Him being so close ruined my thought process.
                “I always wanted to try something for such a long time.” Before I could answer, he kissed me. This was a first, I thought that this would never happen but it was happening. There was no excuse for what I did. I wrapped my arms around his neck, straining to get closer to him. He pulled away too soon. I was gasping for air, and do was he.
                “Um, wow.” Was all he could say; he moved a foot away. I thought it was the best thing to do. We were on opposite sides of the bed almost falling off the edge.
                “I’ll be right back.” I said, leaving the room. I shut the door behind me and turned around. When I did, the other girls were there.
                “What are you guys doing?” I asked surprised to see them there. Katie spoke. I never heard her before.
                “Well, Jacob…..Jacob kissed me.” She said. What the same thing that happened to me happened to her that was amazing.
                “Same thing happened to me, but with my boyfriend.” We all said at the same time.
                “Really?” Katie said. I spoke next.
                “Wow, can’t believe the same thing happened to all of us.” We just stared at each other. We talked for another minute and then left to go back into the rooms. The time was nearing 7 so everyone started to leave. I was the last one to leave.
                “I’ll see you at 9 tomorrow morning.”He said.
                “Really?” I said in surprise.
                “Yeah. Today we were with our friends so we didn’t really get time alone, so I’m going to pick you up tomorrow and we could go see a movie or something.”
                “Ok.” I said, hoping with excitement, I left the house and went to the car.  That was the night that I dreamed of Canon again.


© 2009 Susan14


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

awesome yet sooo sweet....

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

253 Views
1 Review
Added on November 14, 2009
Last Updated on December 18, 2009
Previous Versions


Author

Susan14
Susan14

Cleveland, OH



About
Hi there everyone! My name is Rena, and I am writer just like all of you. My favorite books to read are mysterios, fanstay and romance. Such as the Twilight Series, Stalker and Septimus Heap series. I.. more..

Writing
If One Of Us If One Of Us

A Poem by Susan14


Forever Forever

A Poem by Susan14