the breeze

the breeze

A Poem by thuthana
"

a prose poem i wrote in the summer a couple of years ago.

"
the breeze blew me into you. my snowcone -- half-frozen, half-melted -- landed right on your shirt: right above your heart. frantic and embarrassed beyond all measure, i attempted to wipe my stain from your shirt. no, please you said, it's not your fault. but it is, i apologized and mumbled something about my clumsiness at you. and you chuckled. you, chucked. f**k did you chuckle. you took a step back and and looked me straight in the eyes: really, you said, it's not your fault -- accidents happen. i tried to hide it, but rose buds peeked their way through my cheeks. you smiled. you smiled at me and in that moment the ocean waves of your eyes rolled over me. the sun shined onto me through your smile, the butterfly in my soul began to flutter. i was empty. i was full. you completed me in that moment. in that moment there was nothing but the ocean of your eyes, the sun of your smile. i was in paradise: tropic and hot. then breeze blew into me and ripped me from my paradise. wiping your shirt clean of my snowcone, my stain, my only presence with you, you looked around and said something about a meeting; something about a life i wasn't apart of. could never be apart of. i apologize one more time about my snowcone before the breeze blew you away from me.  

© 2017 thuthana


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This basically reminds me of the first time i ever fell in love

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 21, 2017
Last Updated on December 28, 2017
Tags: prose, poetry, love poem

Author

thuthana
thuthana

About
techie by day, literature nerd at heart. i'm always looking for a good read & thoroughly enjoy poetry that gives me feels. when i'm not attempting to tech, i write essays that are sometimes publis.. more..

Writing