Little Things In Life

Little Things In Life

A Story by susanwrite2
"

Short Story

"
My grandmother was showing me her lovely chickens she was raising outside and the beautiful eggs they just laid in the morning. She handed me the eggs with a large towel held out to keep them safe. The homes porch was white picket fencing and beautiful with a large yard and aged trees that lined the edges. I slowly stepped up the porch seeing the large door and handle. Staying with grandmother was never boring as she had something to do next, something to get at little stores by the way, or something to do in the home.

I quickly ran in with the eggs, however delicately but some sliding beneath and over my arms. A splatter is what I heard next. As I thought to myself, I better clean them up and maybe she won't notice too many missing, grandmother was standing there with a smile on her face. She turned around with a start of a sound coming from the other direction.

Sandy was by all means in trouble with something at all hours and had to be watched, but wasn't, since she was over four years older than I. She had trouble with fences or ran into some kind of problem each time she was outside which was most of the time. At this time, Sandy came running through the door, screaming with the hornets right behind her. She was allergic to hornets and wasps to such extreme, the white marks swelling up her legs were already noticeable. Mom came in at that time and took her immediately to the doctors for Benedril of which was not on hand. There I was again, not the one with the most catastrophe, but a day in the life that was not that dull at all. At least I was not the loudest, in fact, very quiet and not so much into trouble like the others I thought. Grandmom had her hands full at each hour, wondering how she worked and had so many people and events going on at the same time. Mother traded hours she was working with grandma to watch the kids while she was home. Greatly, I admired this sharing as I had no real babysitters but got to spend time with each. After a visit at the doctors office, sandy and mom came back in to pick us up and go home. Another sore or broken finger or cut, Sandy was sure to show off. It was another eventful day to watch and behold. It's the little things in life that are remembered.

© 2014 susanwrite2


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
Added on December 6, 2014
Last Updated on December 6, 2014

Author

susanwrite2
susanwrite2

Dover, DE



About
I have an associates degree in Commercial Art and Communication. I have written over 25 years as an art director, assistant, and as freelancer. I have been freelancing 15 years or more and I am gettin.. more..

Writing