Colombia Stun Germany to Reach Final (GFWC Semi Final Match 62)

Colombia Stun Germany to Reach Final (GFWC Semi Final Match 62)

A Chapter by Steve Clark
"

The following articles highlight the process of Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) and their demise from the governance of international football and the rise of Global Futbol.

"

July 11th, 2018 (GFWC Semi Final Match 62)

Colombia Stun Germany to Reach Final 

Colombia 2-1 Germany

 

Colombia has reached the Global Futbol World Cup Final after a stunning win over Germany.

 

Both coaches kept their line ups similar to the Quarter Finals, with both teams prepared to attack. This mentality resulted in two quick goals. First, Rodriguez found a pass from Quintero. The Colombian striker turned and cut his shot back across goal, disturbing the net. Thirteen minutes later, German defender Kimmich went on a run from right back, cutting inboard to deceive the Colombian defence. As he neared the 18-yard box, he shot with all his might past a diving Ospina.

 

With the scores level, both teams kept attacking and counterattacking. Germany had two chances, including an Özil shot where he managed to be offside from a Kimmich pass.

 

It was, however, Germany’s sloppy defending that caused Colombia’s second goal. In the madness deep in the box, Mojica stole the ball from Kimmich. He passed along the ground to Man of the Match Quintero, who took the shot by cutting it across the face of goal, behind the charge of a desperate Boateng and away from ter Stegen.

 

Germany had two chances in the first half to level, including a Werner missed volley from a Kroos centring ball.

 

Early in the second half, Colombia had the better chances. Ter Stegen needed to save the ball twice, the latter after a great passing play the length of the field that had the Germans scrambling to recover the ball and maintain their structure. Fabra also had a great run in a similar vein to Kimmich’s early efforts, only for the shot to run wide of the mark.

 

Germany wrestled back a little momentum and tried twice more for a second goal. Reus just missed a clear chance to the right of goal, while Werner missed to the left before being substituted after having a quiet game. 

 

These more misses dashed Germany’s hopes of a second Final in as many World Cups. Instead, they found themselves on the ground in despair as the referee blew for full time.

 

Despite earlier predictions, Colombia did rise to the challenge of Germany after some pundits believed their easier games against Cyprus and Macedonia would work against them. Instead, it was the opposite, because Colombia were full of confidence coming into the game, and made sure they scored two first-half goals.

 

Germany, meanwhile, will fight for third place against England before embarking on a Nations League campaign, hoping to outsmart France and Ireland and take the inaugural tournament.

 

Ladies and gentlemen, prepare yourself for Sunday’s Final between Belgium and Colombia. It is sure to be an attacking game, with plenty of shots on target. Who will come out on top? Belgium are slight favourites, but Colombia are in the Final, and did dispose of Germany, so it is anybody’s match to win.

 

 

 

 

 

Colombia

2-1

Germany

5

3

50

23

1

0

60

74

Shots

Shots on Target

Possession %

Tackles

Fouls

Corners

Shot Accuracy %

Pass Accuracy %

 

8

2

50

15

0

0

25

78

Description: Macintosh HD:Users:stephenclark:Downloads:G.png  4’ #10 Rodriguez (#20 Quintero assist)

 

Description: Macintosh HD:Users:stephenclark:Downloads:G.png 31’ #20 Quintero (#17 Mojica assst)

Description: Macintosh HD:Users:stephenclark:Downloads:SO.png 67’ #11 Cuadrado off, #5 Barrios on

 

 

Description: Macintosh HD:Users:stephenclark:Downloads:SO.png 72’ #7 Bacca off, #13 Murillo on

 

 

 

 

 

 

Description: Macintosh HD:Users:stephenclark:Downloads:G.png 17’ #16 Kimmich (#23 Gomez assist)

 

 

Description: Macintosh HD:Users:stephenclark:Downloads:SO.png 67’ #14 Draxler off, #6 Khedira on

Description: Macintosh HD:Users:stephenclark:Downloads:SO.png 72’ #18 Kroos off, #15 Gündogan on

 

Description: Macintosh HD:Users:stephenclark:Downloads:SO.png 74’ #10 Werner off, #13 Müller on

 

 



© 2018 Steve Clark


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
Added on July 8, 2018
Last Updated on July 8, 2018
Tags: Alternate History, Sport

Global Futbol


Author

Steve Clark
Steve Clark

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia



About
A free spirited educator who dabbles in the art of writing novels and articles. more..

Writing