Asian Cup Match 5: India Unable to Topple Uzbek Side Intent of Going Deep in Asian Cup

Asian Cup Match 5: India Unable to Topple Uzbek Side Intent of Going Deep in Asian Cup

A Chapter by Steve Clark
"

The following article provides an oversight for matches and tournaments taking place in 2020.

"

Asian Cup Match 5: Uzbekistan v India

India Unable to Topple Uzbek Side Intent of Going Deep in Asian Cup

January 4th, 2020

Uzbekistan 2 India 0

 

India have gone down to 2018 World Cup side Uzbekistan after a solid diplay by the central Asian side.

 

Ikrmjon Alibaev had the first effective shot after a fair bit of attacking by the Uzbeks, only for the shot to be blocked. Oleg Zoteev’s shot ended up hitting three Indian defenders as they slid in to also block the ball.

 

Uzbekistan’s first goal came via Dostonbek Khamdamov. Khamdamov fell onto an Eldor Shomurodov through ball. As he slid beyond the defender, he toed the ball past Indian goalkeeper Gurpreet Singh and onto the scoresheet.

 

Meanwhile, India’s best chance in the first half was deemed offside. Instead, Uzbekistan attacked down the other end, with Jaloliddin Masharipov cutting back in from the left flank to brush the underside of the crossbar and into the net.

 

After the break, needing two goals to draw level, Sunil Chetri crossed successfully twice from the right wing, only for the Uzbek defence to hold firm. Minutes later, Farukh Choudhary went on a long run and his shot went straight to Eldorbek Suyunov, the Uzbek goalkeeper.

 

With Chhetri subbed, it was up to Lallianzuala Chhangte to procure a goal as the game slipped away from the Indians. He nearly set up his fellow substitute, Vinit Rai, only for Suyunov to stick out his right boot at the last moment. Ashique Kuruniyan had the final shot on target of the match blocked, and the final result helped the Uzbeks take hold of their group, with the intent of topping it.

 

Important aspects of the game:

Uzbekistan’s best: Rustamjon Ashurmatov in defence and with a crucial goal assist and two interceptions, Odil Akhmedov with the most passes overall, Marsharipoc with a stack of dribbling attempts.

Three clearances by Islom Tukhtakhujaev and two important intercepts.

 

India’s best: Pronay Halder, Chhangte

Halder had the most touches for the Indians, with Minivir Singh second. The same two players had the most successful dribbles, and Halder with the most tackles.

Nishu Kumar and Rahul Bheke with two intercepts and to clearances.

Brandon Fernandes with three clearances and two intercepts.

Chhetri must perform against Bangladesh, or will risk having to miss out on games to give others a chance in the starting eleven.


© 2020 Steve Clark


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
Added on March 7, 2020
Last Updated on March 7, 2020

Global Futbol 2020


Author

Steve Clark
Steve Clark

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia



About
A free spirited educator who dabbles in the art of writing novels and articles. more..

Writing