Asian Cup Match 6: Bangladesh On Top But No Goals Against Indonesia

Asian Cup Match 6: Bangladesh On Top But No Goals Against Indonesia

A Chapter by Steve Clark
"

The following article provides an oversight for matches and tournaments taking place in 2020.

"

Asian Cup Match 6: Bangladesh v Indonesia

Bangladesh On Top But No Goals Against Indonesia

January 4th, 2020

Bangladesh 0 Indonesia 0


Bangladesh dominated long periods of the second half of their first Asian Cup match against fellow debutants Indonesia, only for the game to end in a scoreless draw.

 

However, it was Indonesia who looked the likeliest to score early. Indonesia’s left back Rick Fajrin first had a shot for the Indonesians in the sixth minute but missed the mark. Still working down the same wing, left midfielder Greg Nwokolo should have scored ten minutes later, but his shot followed the same path as Fajrin’s.

 

The two Indonesian strikers combined soon after, with Septian Maulana setting up Febri Haryadi, only for the shot to be stopped. Gavin Adsit needed his shot blocked, and both sides went into the break all square.

 

After the break, Bangladesh came out firing. Mohammad Zibon crossed into Jamal Bhuyan, whose volley flew to the right of the goal. Mohammad Ibrahim had a go from long range after receiving the ball from Zibon, but safe goalkeeping hands kept the score locked. Later, Zibon caused goalkeeper Mohammad Ridho to make a crucial save as the Bangladeshis ramped up the pressure. Sohel Rana went on a long run, and again, needed a Ridho save to keep the ball out.

 

Zibon was substituted for Mohammad Rahman, who immediately worked into the game with a shot on goal. He then drew out a number of defenders, where Rana led into the open area, only for Ridho to make yet another save. Rana should have scored and given his side the lead, but for some reason, it would not be their day.

 

That was exemplified when Bhuyan had a shot late, only to hit the right-hand post, and then Rahman’s shot when the ball rebounded in his direction could not get past a backtracking Ridho. The whistle followed soon after and Indonesia left the field, knowing they had escaped with a point.

 

Important aspects of the game:

Bangladesh’s best: Bhuyan with two shots and most passes and tackles for the match, Rana with two shots on target and most dribbles for Bangladesh.

Bangladesh with the better passing accuracy (81%).

Yeasin Khan with two key intercepts, one block and four clearances.

Riyadul Hasan with two key intercepts and three clearances, as well as two important headers won.

 

Indonesia’s best: Ridho with seven saves, Fajrin.

Haryadi with most passes and dribbles for Indonesia.

Maulana with most tackles for Indonesia (same as Bhuyan).


© 2020 Steve Clark


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

75 Views
Added on March 15, 2020
Last Updated on March 15, 2020

Global Futbol 2020


Author

Steve Clark
Steve Clark

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia



About
A free spirited educator who dabbles in the art of writing novels and articles. more..

Writing