Asian Cup Match 13: Asian Cup Hosts Win Again, Defeating Kyrgyzstan

Asian Cup Match 13: Asian Cup Hosts Win Again, Defeating Kyrgyzstan

A Chapter by Steve Clark
"

The following article provides an oversight for matches and tournaments taking place in 2020.

"

Asian Cup Match 13: UAE v Kyrgyzstan

Asian Cup Hosts Win Again, Defeating Kyrgyzstan

January 7th, 2020

UAE 2 Kyrgyzstan 0


The United Arab Emirates made it two wins from two matches, this time overcoming central Asian side Kyrgyzstan.

 

Buoyed by their previous win over the Japanese, the UAE sought to solidify their attack. In came Ismail Al Hammadi into the starting line-up and immediately was involved in the match. A long chip from Bander Al-Ahbabi found Al Hammadi, whose shot needed a Rustam Yatimov save.

 

Down the other end, Viktor Maier’s cross from the right flank required a clear punch by Khalid Eisa before Mirlan Murzaev could get his head onto the ball.

 

Back in the UAE’s attacking third, Ahmed Khalil crossed into the far post, where the ball bounced thanks to no header challenge from either side. Omar Abdulrahman pounced on the ball and shot, but Yatimov did enough to save it with his chest. From the corner, Abdulrahman needed another Yatimov save, as his header was on target for the back of the net.

 

Most of the first half remaining acted like tennis; back and forth play without much going on in the rally. Maier did have a shot from long range that fell straight to Eisa and the half ended goalless.

 

In the second half, Kyrgyzstan adjusted their personnel. Edgar Bernhardt then gained a yellow card, putting the UAE in a great position. They took control of possession and, in the 57th minute, Abdalla Ramadan found himself free. His shot was parried by Yatimov, but the ball fell straight to Al Hammadi, whose shot easily flew into the open goal.

 

Seven minutes later, Al Hammadi stole the ball from the Kyrgyz defence, only to hit the shot straight to the goalkeeper. Then, his teammate found him at the edge of the box, only his left boot fired wide. Khalil should have had a shot on goal but held onto it for far too long.

 

The UAE’s left back in Yousef Jaber had a ping, but the ball also sailed wide of the mark. Right back Mohammed Al-Menhali then tried to thread an advancing ball into the box, only to hit it too hard and straight to Yatimov.

 

As the game looked to peter out into a 1-0 scoreline, Khalil and Al Hammadi combined to help give substitute Khalfan Mubarak the ball dead in front of goal and the midfielder made no mistake.

 

As additional time deepened, Al Hammadi nearly have Mubarak a second goal, but Yatimov rose to the occasion. The game ended with the two goals, and with the UAE on top of Group A and likely to feature in the Round of 16.

 

Important aspects of the match:

UAE’s best afield: Ramadan deemed Player of the Match for the most passes overall and most successful dribbles overall; Ismail Al Hammadi with his goal, assist and four shots on target; Walid Abbas in central defence with the most tackles overall, plus two clearances and an interception.

Al-Ahbabi and Mubarak with two shots on target.

Khalil with two key passes.

 

Kyrgyzstan’s best: Yatimov with eleven saves.

Farhat Musabekov with most passes for Kyrgyzstan before being substituted.

Maier with most dribble attempts for Kyrgyzstan.

Tamirlan Kozubaev with two intercepts and a clearance.

Valeriy Kichin with an intercept and two clearances.



© 2020 Steve Clark


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

79 Views
Added on March 21, 2020
Last Updated on March 21, 2020

Global Futbol 2020


Author

Steve Clark
Steve Clark

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia



About
A free spirited educator who dabbles in the art of writing novels and articles. more..

Writing