Asian Cup Match 17: Uzbeks with Second Win Over Bangladesh

Asian Cup Match 17: Uzbeks with Second Win Over Bangladesh

A Chapter by Steve Clark
"

The following article provides an oversight for matches and tournaments taking place in 2020.

"

Asian Cup Match 17: Bangladesh v Uzbekistan

Uzbeks with Second Win Over Bangladesh

January 8th, 2020

Bangladesh 0 Uzbekistan 2

 

Uzbekistan secured their second win of the Asian Cup with a two-goal victory over Bangladesh.

 

Sanjar Kodirulov got the favourites underway with the first shot, though Jaloliddin Masharipov was the more likely to score out of the two, only for goalkeeper Ashraful Rana to thwart them both.

 

Eldor Shomurodov had a shot late in the first half but to no avail. Instead, Bangladesh had answers in defence for every through ball.

 

In the second half, Bangladesh had the first chance via Mohammad Zibon. Uzbekistan quickly overcame that mini-scare with another shot from Shomurodov. From the eventual corner, Bangladesh failed to clear, leaving the best first-half player in Ikromjon Alibaev to get enough power on his shot that Rana could not stop it.

 

Sohel Rana nearly equalised when he shot with his left boot, smacking the post and rolling across the face of goal.

 

Down the other end of the field, Kodirkulov nearly had a second for Uzbekistan, only Ashraful Rana was up to the task. Odil Akhmedov then hit the upright after the Bangladeshi defence left him free from the corner.

 

It soon became time for Uzbekistan’ second when Bakhodir Nasimov came off the bench to slip a low shot beyond Rana.

 

Back to back victories have guaranteed Uzbekistan their place in the Round of 16, while Bangladesh must a way to gain a win in their final match against India.

 

Important aspects of the match:

Bangladesh’s best afield: Goalkeeper Rana making eight saves (Player of the Match); Jamal Bhuyan in defensive midfielder role with a shot on target, two key intercepts and a clearance; Rayhan Hasan as right back with four key intercepts and three clearances, as well as two headers won.

Zibon with two shots on target and most tackles for the match.

Sohel Rana with most passes and dribble attempts for Bangladesh.

Yeasin Khan with two key intercepts and two clearances.

Rahmat Mia with two key intercepts and a clearance.

 

 

Uzbekistan’s best afield: Nasimov with his goal; Kodirkulov with his goal assist and three shots on target, as well as most passes for the match and most dribbling attempts; Alibaev with his goal and three shots on target.

Khozhiakbar Alidzhanov with most tackles for Uzbekistan.

Sardor Sabirkhodjaev with three key intercepts.



© 2020 Steve Clark


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

83 Views
Added on April 24, 2020
Last Updated on April 24, 2020

Global Futbol 2020


Author

Steve Clark
Steve Clark

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia



About
A free spirited educator who dabbles in the art of writing novels and articles. more..

Writing