Asian Cup Match 20: Two Goals Gift South Korea First Asian Cup 2020 Win

Asian Cup Match 20: Two Goals Gift South Korea First Asian Cup 2020 Win

A Chapter by Steve Clark
"

The following article provides an oversight for matches and tournaments taking place in 2020.

"

Asian Cup Match 20: South Korea v Oman

Two Goals Gift South Korea First Asian Cup 2020 Win

January 9th, 2020

South Korea 2 Oman 0

 

South Korea gained their first three points for the 2020 Asian Cup with a two-nil victory over Oman.

 

South Korea switched their left side of their line-up, bring on Kim Moon-Hwan and moving Son Heung-Min to left midfield to have more of an impact on the match. Oman brought on Yaseen Al Sheyadi to right midfield to improve their attacking game.

 

Nam Tae-Hee had the first shot on goal in his more attacking role. Then he gained the ball off the goalkeeper Ali Al Habsi, who had moments before easily picked the corner out of the air. With the open goal, Nam Tae-Hee slotted the ball home.

 

Saad Al Mukhaini then fouled Kim Min-Jae, giving away a penalty. Lee Jae-Sung coolly bagged the penalty after faking to the left, which Al Habsi first went, then as the goalkeeper reversed his dive, Lee Jae-Sung went to the original left.

 

Al Sheyadi had an immediate effect on the game as he tried wrestling the game back for Oman. He won a corner for his side, from which his header needed a choice Kim Seung-Gyu save.

 

Minutes later, Al Sheyadi had another chance as he was found free running toward goal. Again, Kim Seung-Gyu saved it.

 

Right before the break, Harib Al-Saadi crossed in from right wing to Muhsen Al-Ghassani, only to have the Korean defence block the volley. Later, Al-Ghassani had a header from a corner, only for the ball to fly straight to Kim Seung-Gyu.

 

Son Heung-Min was subbed at the break with a knock to his left knee, as was the penalty-giver from Oman. For the first period of the second half, the Koreans played an attacking version of keepings-off, disallowing the Omanis the ball whilst still looking dangerous. Offsides, though, became the order, particularly when Hwang Ui-Jo found Lee Jae-Sung. Thinking he had scored, the penalty-taker started celebrating, only to realise he was well beyond the last defender.

 

From there, the match was played in the middle of the park, with the game ending two-nil. The one setback for the South Koreans is the fact they were gifted the two goals and did not produce either on their own terms. This must improve for their final match in readiness for the Round of 16, should they make it.

 

Important aspects of the match:

Even possession.

Six offsides for the match.


South Korea’s best afield: left back Kim Moon-Hwan again as Player of the Match with the most passes and dribbles and a crucial cross; Kim Seung-Gyu with his five saves; Lee Jae-Sung with his penalty.

Nam Tae-Hee had two early shots on target, including his goal.

Along with Kim Moon-Hwan, Hwan In-Beom had the most dribbles for the match.

Jung Woo-Young with three key clearances.


 

Oman best afield: Zahir Al Aghbari after coming off the bench to replace Saad Al Mukhaini at halftime; Ali Al-Busaidi on the left back with equal most tackles; Ahmed Mubarak in defensive midfield role with most passes and dribble attempts for Oman as well as equal most tackles; Said Al Ruzaiqi off the bench.

Al Sheyadi had two key shots on target.

Harib Al-Saadi with an important cross.

Amram Said Al-Hidi with two key intercepts and three clearances.

 

Group D

This group is rather even, with every side able to reach first place or at least qualify for the Round of 16. South Korea face a buoyant Palestine and must produce goals from their attackers. A win will guarantee first place. Palestine will be hoping for another upset and overcome the Koreans. Oman faces China, and having seen how the Palestinians defeated them, will look to employ similar tactics. China need a win, plain and simple, otherwise they can kiss their chances goodbye.

 

 

Group D

Pl

W

D

L

Pts

GD

1

South Korea

2

1

1

0

4

+2

2

Oman*

2

1

0

1

3

-1

3

Palestine*

2

1

0

1

3

0

4

China

2

0

1

1

1

-1

*Oman defeated Palestine, and therefore is above them on the table.



© 2020 Steve Clark


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
Added on April 24, 2020
Last Updated on April 24, 2020

Global Futbol 2020


Author

Steve Clark
Steve Clark

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia



About
A free spirited educator who dabbles in the art of writing novels and articles. more..

Writing