Asian Cup Matches 29 and 30: Shock Draws in Group C See Indonesia Progressing After One-Goal Loss

Asian Cup Matches 29 and 30: Shock Draws in Group C See Indonesia Progressing After One-Goal Loss

A Chapter by Steve Clark
"

The following article provides an oversight for matches and tournaments taking place in 2020.

"

Asian Cup Matches 29 and 30: Indonesia v Uzbekistan and India v Bangladesh

Shock Draws in Group C See Indonesia Progressing After One-Goal Loss

January 13th, 2020

Indonesia 1 Uzbekistan 2

 

Indonesia pulled off a remarkable match of their Global Futbol existence, only losing by one goal to the Uzbek stalwarts.

 

With Uzbekistan’s first place already guaranteed, they changed the majority of their starting eleven to give key players a rest. The Uzbek coach swapped two players in each line of the formation, plus giving Sanjar Kuvvatov a run as goalkeeper. Indonesia, on the other hand, kept their same starting eleven.

 

Uzbek newcomer to the starting eleven, Temurkhuja Abdukhaliqov, thought he had a goal after Jamshid Iskandarov placed the ball in front of him, only for the former to be deemed offside.

 

Instead, it was Anzur Ismailov, trialling in a midfielder’s role, who scored with his head, assisted by Iskandarov.

 

Febri Haryadi thought he had an equaliser, only to be deemed offside as well.

 

Instead it was Bayu Andriatmoko and Gavin Adsit who combined to snag the goal, with Adsit needing two attempts before the ball trickled beyond the line.

 

Abdukhaliqov replied soon after, receiving the ball from the right wing and nailing the ball into the goal.

 

Teuku Ichsan’s shot to bring the scores level again needed a choice goalkeeping save.

 

Uzbekistan immediately responded, again with Abdukhaliqov gaining a cross from right wing, only this time, he missed to the left.

 

As Indonesia stepped up the pressure in the lead up to the break, Ichsan’s efforts again needed a solid save. The final corner of the first 45 minutes found Irfan Bachdim, only for another grand save by Kuvvatov to keep the Indonesians at bay.

 

After the break, Iskandarov cut back from the left wing, only to wildly miss the goal. Again, he repeated the effort, only for the Indonesian goalkeeper to thwart the shot. From the corner, Ismailov could not repeat his first half effort.

 

As the game neared its ending, Abdukhaliqov had two attempts at goal, but neither found the back of the net. In the end, the 2-1 scoreline was enough, giving the side their third win and a real shot at going deep this tournament.

 

Important aspects of the match:

Indonesia’s best afield: Andriatmoko in midfield with most passes for the match, including his assist, as well as equal most dribbles for Indonesia; Otávia Dutra in defence with five intercepts and four clearances, as well as a crucial block.

Muhammad Ridho with five saves.

Ichsan with equal most dribbles for Indonesia.

Rudolof Basna with most tackles for Indonesia, two key intercepts and two clearances.

 

Uzbekistan’s best afield: Ismailov in his makeshift defensive midfielder’s role with his goal; Iskandarov with his assist and most dribbles for the match; Dostonbek Khamdamov with his assist.

Ikromjon Alibaev with the most passes for Uzbekistan and most tackles for the match.

Kuvvatov with four saves.

Islom Tukhtakhodjaev with four key clearances, three intercepts and a block.

Rustamjon Ashurmatov with four key intercepts, a block and a clearance.

 

India 1 Bangladesh 1

 

Both India and Bangladesh needed a win to have any chance of reaching the Round of 16, but neither could find the finishing touch as they played into the hands of the Indonesians.

 

Vinit Rai came into the side for India, as did Anirudh Thapa. Mohammed Rahman entered the starting eleven for Bangladesh.

 

Bangladesh surprised the Indians with an early goal from Mahbubur Rahman, chipping the Indian goalkeeper, Gurpreet Singh, in the slickest of fashions.

 

Not much happened for the remainder of the half, as neither defence gave an inch. The toing and froing worked in the favour of the leading Bangladeshis. Sohel Rana had a shot late, only it fell straight to Singh.

 

Needing two goals to make the Round of 16, India worked mainly down the wings. When they changed and drove straight down the middle, Rai found Manvir Singh free, only for the shot to sail over the bar.

 

Rai again worked down the left flank, gifting Lallianzuala Chhangte a free header, only for the ball to fly straight at the goalkeeper.

 

Again, Chhangte was found, this time from the right wing by substitute Brandon Fernandes. From the corner, Chhangte finally found the gap and scored, making the final twenty minutes the most vital of both the Indian’s and the Bangladeshi’s footballing endeavours. With ten minutes to go, Rai had a header from a corner that needed a choice save. Instead, the game ended one-all, and both knocked each other out in the process.

 

Important aspects of the match:

India’s best afield: Rahul Bheke in central defence with most passes of the match, three key intercepts and three clearances as well as a cross; Chhangte with the goal; Fernandes after coming off the bench with the assist.

Rai with most dribbles of the match.

Nishu Kumar with most tackles for India.

Pronay Halder with three key intercepts and two clearances.

 

Bangladesh’s best afield: Tutul Badsha in central defence with five key intercepts, three clearances and a block; Ashraful Rana with four saves; Mahbubur Rahman with his goal and equal most dribbles for Bangladesh.

Mamunul Islam with most passes for Bangladesh.

Jamal Bhuyan with equal most dribbles for Bangladesh.

Mohammed Zibon with most tackles overall.

Yeasin Khan with four key intercepts and two clearances.

 

Group C

Indonesia will consider themselves very lucky to have progressed to the Round of 16 with the backing of only two draws to their name. One could argue that playing against an already-qualified Uzbekistan with six different players in the side to their usual starting eleven had an influence on only losing by a goal compared with India and Bangladesh. That will stand them in good stead when they take on Japan, who have the momentum to roll over them. Uzbekistan, meanwhile, take on the third-placed side from either Groups A, B or F.

 

 

Group C

Pl

W

D

L

Pts

GD

1

Uzbekistan

3

3

0

0

9

+5

2

Indonesia

3

0

2

1

2

-1

3

India

3

0

2

1

2

-2

4

Bangladesh

3

0

2

1

2

-2



© 2020 Steve Clark


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

91 Views
Added on April 30, 2020
Last Updated on April 30, 2020

Global Futbol 2020


Author

Steve Clark
Steve Clark

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia



About
A free spirited educator who dabbles in the art of writing novels and articles. more..

Writing