You, Me and Him

You, Me and Him

A Poem by Rachelle
"

Perfect relationships

"
It's

Love in

Perfection.

You, Me And HIM

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam.

© 2014 Rachelle


Author's Note

Rachelle
an experimentation with symbolic layout.
The Divine love triangle. Thanks, Utkarsh, for all the help with the final format!

A perfect relationship happens when two mortals who love each other also love God who loves them back. Their love for God is reflected in the way they treat each other with love and respect and likewise, God is blessing the union. In the West, a love triangle connotes negativity - that there is a third person involved in a couple's relationship such that a perfect relationship is ruined because of the third party. I wanted to show that the emphasis of a relationship being between just two mortals will be difficult unless they have God in the relationship in as few words as possible in this work. Ad majorem Dei gloriam is Latin for "All for God's greater glory".

I guess it is limited by those who understand the symbolism and Latin. I just wanted to play with the concept of something visual like the shape of the triangle being part of the poem's context without actually mentioning the love triangle as would be initially inferred in the title (again, done to mislead and therefore, create a twist.) This is a Divine love triangle - union of two mortals blessed by God.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's a perfect poem, in a perfect triangle. I completely understand the message and respect it very much. God honors and loves those who love others as much as they love themselves. Not all of the Westerners have that pattern of thought though. I will agree that the majority do, from what I've noticed, but there are lots of good people on this hemisphere of the planet. Great job Rachelle. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Rachelle

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Sherif! I have only been in the West for less than two years and have yet to form an opin.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
~
It is a sound doctrine, and your visual is perfect. Well done Rachelle.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Rachelle

9 Years Ago

Thank you, moon skittles!
This is fantastic and I have finally met someone who is on the same page,
praise the lord! People use this word love to freely, most have no idea what it means
they think they do, but yet they don't know God! God is love
so without God present in your life, how can you explain to me
how you can understand love, I'm not buying it! First know God then you might
understand love!!!! This write is great, keep up the good work and b-blessed, PTL!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Rachelle

9 Years Ago

Thank you, sir! May our tribe grow - then, maybe, there would be less broken people in this world.
I loved the idea, the thought that we all are connected through him, without him in the middle or around us its impossible to have the true bonding of two souls...a love that's not based on terms and conditions of society but on the love we share with him...great thought..:)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Rachelle

9 Years Ago

Thank you!
The triangular layout you've constructed with the poem remarkably symbolic to the three entities in divine connection (“union of two mortals and God’s blessing”) highlights, upon first impression, a high level of creativity and poetic creativity. The title indeed does evoke some sense of ambiguity before reading the words of the poem, forcing a surge in the readers’ curiosity that leads to a twist which highlights the presence of God or rather his blessing – “Him”. In this we can see a harmonious balance. It is a small poem in words. It transmits, on the other hand, a significant, thought-provoking idea. Very symbolic and inspiring!

Thanks for sharing.

W.H.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Rachelle

9 Years Ago

Xiexie, W.H.! Much appreciated!
Its beautiful Rachelle. Unique thought and the description is heart-warming. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Rachelle

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Priya!
priya

9 Years Ago

my pleasure Rachelle... :)
Joined with the spirit as one. It's beautiful. Your poem reflects a great faith.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Rachelle

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much!
Interesting how short then poetry and how detailed the author's note.
Trinity is a universal power.


Posted 9 Years Ago


Rachelle

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much!
I really like the concept and playing with the visual aspects is something only a few can come up with.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Rachelle

9 Years Ago

Thank you for your kind words!
From the use of Apollinaire's calligramme way of writing, to the use of Latin which gives solemnity, to the comparison between West and East, to the high level of the topic you chose, everything helps making this poem OUTSTANDING. I can't believe you became my favourite poet after reading only two of your poems !!! I'm usually not that easy to conquer ahah

Posted 9 Years Ago


外人 (Gaijin)

9 Years Ago

分かりません でした :( 中国語 話せない
Rachelle

9 Years Ago

Xiexie, WaiRen!

RenMei
外人 (Gaijin)

9 Years Ago

You're welcome =D

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1164 Views
35 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 28, 2014
Last Updated on April 29, 2014

Author

Rachelle
Rachelle

Carmel, IN



About
Science. Art. Life. I am a technical writer trying to break free from the mold and exploring other forms of writing. And yes, I am a scientist.... more..

Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Poem by Rachelle



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Winter Winter

A Poem by Rachelle