Untitled

Untitled

A Poem by The Bleeding Quill

I did not need for you to give me a better life. I did that for myself with perseverance and becoming feed up with being less than what I am.

I did not need money, Paper will not listen as I waste my prolonged tails of struggles and worldly tribulations on it, nor will it offer a gentle hand to wipe away my lingering tears, not comfort a mind immortalized by demon thoughts and plagued with childhood memories.

I did not need jewels. They do not sparkle with the human spirit. They do not shimmer with tales of triumph . The do not sing a song of courageous exploits, touches of rouge women, or laugh with good cheer.

I did not need stability. I will not crumble when the alabaster pillars holding up our world break. I will not stumble when the raft of our merciless Gods storm across the earth. I will not crush when the reminder of my sins, you lay so clearly before my eyes, become my own demons whisper to me playing on the guilt of my pass misdeeds.

I do not need promises of love, or passion. Love cannot be promised , it cannot be bought.
It cannot be possessed. It cannot be hoarded, and it is not yours to give, but it is unconditional and infinite, and I have experienced it, and come to peace with it, it cannot be lost.

I do not need power, I haven't the back to carry the responsibility. I haven't the desire or the flame to rule. I haven't the wish to become a public icon, or be glorified then criticized with the same breath.


I thought all I ever needed was you. Turns out all I ever needed was me. I have blood flow, and breathing, I have mind and body, I have heart, I have spirit. I have two legs. I'll get up and use them.

© 2011 The Bleeding Quill


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
Added on January 15, 2011
Last Updated on January 15, 2011

Author

The Bleeding Quill
The Bleeding Quill

Atlanta, GA



About
21 year old female residing in the heart of Atlanta, I am the mother of a beautiful baby girl. more..

Writing