Storm Underground

Storm Underground

A Chapter by Norma M Sutton

The storm rocked the land, shaking trees in its passing fury.  The ground shook beneath a flooded landscape.  Flashes of lightening  singed the earth and where it hit the surface it's pulsing traveled  down creating a heartbeat within the mantle.  Below, from the safety of a cave, we waited  and listened.

The rocks above crackled and flashed with the brilliance of the lightening storm on the planet's surface.  Each strike traveling the vein of metallic matrix and lighting the surface of the cavern far below. 


Rock music, of the natural kind, complete with strobe lighting was created by thunder that echoed down across the crystals protruding from the walls creating a strumming of vibrations only surpassed by the flashes of light they reflected.


Blinded eyes reflected the silver from below the waters of the pool at the base of the underground falls, before sinking under the rocky ledge into the dark depths away from the pain the flashes caused.


The moist dank air sparkled with electricity, refracted light traveling
across dust mote stars high above the watchers.


© 2012 Norma M Sutton


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Into the cave world we crawl,where we once walked upright, now we shrink in ah from the storm gulping,our very existence. You have taken me into your world well.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Norma M Sutton

11 Years Ago

Thank you :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 5, 2012
Last Updated on August 5, 2012


Author

Norma M Sutton
Norma M Sutton

Bostic, NC



About
Norma Moore Sutton has written and published two children's books: The First Lamb and Harry Goes To The Fair She has written and published the first book in the Haunting Memories Series: Matthe.. more..

Writing