Perfect, Or Was It?

Perfect, Or Was It?

A Story by Norma M Sutton
"

Entry for Helena's Blue Rose Cafe~Prompt contest

"



My first apartment, two rooms and a bath. It was perfect. The living room and kitchen were divided by a built in table. It had a stove, refrigerator and even a dishwasher. The bedroom was small, but it was big enough and the small bathroom was to one side of the bedroom.


It was perfect . . . until bedtime. Sometime during the night I woke from a dream of drowning. The water pipes ran through my bedroom wall, bringing sounds of rushing water. Morning came. The bedroom walls were paper thin and I woke to what sounded like a X rated movie.

© 2013 Norma M Sutton


Author's Note

Norma M Sutton
SHORT STORY

Each week I wil post a prompt for a short story.

***************************************************************************
Your chaacter moves into a new appartment. On the surface, the place seemed ideal, but his/her first night there, your character discovers a terrible problem with the place that he/she didn't take into account.

***************************************************************************
It is to be up to 100 words only.

Your peers will vote for their favorite story.

Starting: today Ending: Feb. 8th

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

My Dear writing friend,
This write brought back memories. I once lived in a four-plex. The bedrooms were all connected in the same corner, walls paper-thin. In one unit a bachelor lived that several times a week brought home a different woman from who knows where. He was noisy, and used the same lines with each new conquest.
One evening all the other neighbors and I were gathered together talking about our resident porn star, we devised a plan. As by now we had all his lines memorized we decided that when he started one we all in unison would yell the rest of the lines. The first night the plaything was heard yelling at him, did he use these lines with all women! The second victim did much the same, but started to beat him with his own boots. He never brought another woman home again. And he always left his cave in a hurry not making eye contact with us.
I enjoyed this write; it was fun, thank you for posting it.

Blessings, Laughing-Bear


Posted 10 Years Ago


Norma M Sutton

10 Years Ago

lol I love your solution to the problem :)
my mind was already inquiring why you would leave such a great flat, by the end, I couldn't blame you for moving on ....

Posted 11 Years Ago


Looks like you did it. Rushing water and x-rated movies doesn't seem the kind of things condusive to good sleep.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Norma M Sutton

11 Years Ago

lol They weren't, but it's amazing what you can adjust to and learn to sleep through isn't it :)
Samuel Dickens

11 Years Ago

Yes. I even learned to sleep in a birthing compartment right below the arresting wires, where jets s.. read more
Norma M Sutton

11 Years Ago

I can believe it. My dorm was maybe a block from the railroad that went across campus. After the f.. read more
LOL OH LORD THIS MAKES ME THINK OF THAT AWKWARD MOMENT ONE OF MY CHARACTERS REALIZED HE WAS TELEPATHIC AND GOT THE DIRTY FLIRTIES IN HIS HEAD.....awkward turtle~ Me likey :3

Posted 11 Years Ago


Norma M Sutton

11 Years Ago

Thank you :)
Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

np~
LOL, I want to know what happened next! Don't keep us in suspense. That's the trouble with these 'limited' prompts, they always leave us wanting more. Great addition to my contest! ~ Helena

Posted 11 Years Ago


Norma M Sutton

11 Years Ago

lol That really WAS my first apartment, well the first two, one being a private dormitory. That one.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

468 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 1, 2013
Last Updated on February 1, 2013

Author

Norma M Sutton
Norma M Sutton

Bostic, NC



About
Norma Moore Sutton has written and published two children's books: The First Lamb and Harry Goes To The Fair She has written and published the first book in the Haunting Memories Series: Matthe.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..