The Rut (a parody)

The Rut (a parody)

A Chapter by Norma M Sutton
"

Team Renfield

"

Four brothers fell for a pretty little ewe. Each vied they would have her. Little hussy that she was egged them on and then stood watching with great interest. Pushing and shoving did ensue as each tried to best the others. The two littlest gave up first and watched in sad dismay as the older two pushed and shoved then gave her pursuit.

The little ewe was coy for sure, twitching her cute tail in their faces until so enraged they became that they turned to face one another. Backing off a great ways they glared at one another before charging towards each other heads lowered in anger. The WAM that echoed across the hills made all stop and watch. Once again they backed away. This time further still. The little ewe watched amazed then twitched her tail at one. Full of furry and vim the other charged, catching his brother unaware and knocking him down.

Quick as a flash he closed in on him and worked him over good until the fallen one called uncle and left for the woods. Winning brother circled round, his proud head held high, a dangerous gleam in his eyes. Passing the younger two he dared them, with evil eye, to challenge him. In the end when sure he'd won, he ran to his prize.

She gave him a coyish look . . . and bolted for the other brother.


--------

Now sure, these brothers four are rams bold and strong, the cute hussy is a ewe. All sheep and humans not. So why is it, with brains so large, that this story repeats among the human race? Brother against brother is pit by the whiles of a lover and then when one thinks he has won . . . the human ewe turns to the other.



© 2010 Norma M Sutton


Author's Note

Norma M Sutton
Prompt the second: A bit of a classic. Two (or more) brothers compete for
one woman's attention. Write the story around it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great writing!

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
r
I LOVE THIS!! The way it is worried is just WONDERFUL and amazing!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I'm not surprised that you used this particular context. I guess that's how someone who was as shy as I was occasionally got the girl, although I never butted physical heads with anyone. (not over a girl, at least) I noticed a tricky bit of word-smithing in this one--good job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


bewetiful lesson

Posted 13 Years Ago


Oh, this is adorable. I can see it play out too. I can see the coy little hussy run to the other brother too. It really does happen with humans too many times too. This is really cute.

Posted 13 Years Ago


a wickedly witted analogy

Posted 13 Years Ago


Hahaha! There's a dark sense of humour here! Renfieldians unite!

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
. absolute genius, norma ... i'm amazed at the simplicity with which you have expressed one of the most serious and drastic phenomenons ever ... i was in a crazy conversation once ... with my soul mate's younger brother ... and he tried his best to convince me that his brother was in love with some other ... it's crazy what goes on between brothers ... especially if someone is playing them ... against each other ...

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

452 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 8, 2010
Last Updated on December 9, 2010


Author

Norma M Sutton
Norma M Sutton

Bostic, NC



About
Norma Moore Sutton has written and published two children's books: The First Lamb and Harry Goes To The Fair She has written and published the first book in the Haunting Memories Series: Matthe.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..