The Balancing Act

The Balancing Act

A Story by Sarayu

The Beginning, Start, Inception or Commencement.....whatever you call it, it all means the same. It describes not only the zeal within but also the tension that comes along when doing it. To start something, either new or old, brings a feeling of anxiety mixed with excitement. Though excitement is manageable, anxiety on the other hand is hard to handle under utter pressure. As I launch my site "The Writer Friend", I face the same anxiety and tension. Of course, I am excited about the new assignment but apprehension rules my mind. As I write this blog post, I am trying to balance out my taut feelings with positive thoughts. After all getting stressed isn't that bad either! There are studies that proved that Tension extracts best results from people. While the thought of venturing something new gives me abundant vigor, the trepidation pertaining to failure keeps me grounded. I guess this is the formula for success, the Balancing act. Hope and Fear are always there when there is an attempt to prove one's ability. One gives you courage and fortitude and the other ushers you to potential challenges. The sensible act of equilibrium between these opposing factors defines your success! How true! All the while, I have been worrying on how not to worry but just now realized that I have to worry but in limited quantity. Too much of either elements can get you to the wrong destination and also absence of any of the traits causes failure. One has to proportionate hope and fear to achieve one's goal. Now that I found the medicine for my Outset-fret, I embark on a peaceful writing journey with some inspiration and some vigilance which symbolize Hope and Fear respectively. Cheers to the New Beginning!

© 2014 Sarayu


Author's Note

Sarayu
What do you think of the content?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
Added on February 22, 2014
Last Updated on February 22, 2014
Tags: New Beginning, Tensed, Balance, Fear, Excitement

Author

Sarayu
Sarayu

India



About
I am an aspiring writer, who wants to learn basics and techniques of writing fiction from experienced and talented writers. more..

Writing