Pebbles and Bam Bam Go to the Fair

Pebbles and Bam Bam Go to the Fair

A Story by swilson85
"

Siblings, Pebbles & Bam Bam go to the county fair and try to extend their summer fun.

"

Pebbles strolled through the gates of the fair with Bam Bam’s paw in hers.  It was one of the bigger places that they’ve ever visited.  There were crowds of people going in every direction.  Carnival rides were set up on all sides of the field along with games and food scattered throughout.

“I want cotton candy,” Bam Bam said while pulling Pebbles toward the food booths.

“Wait!” Pebbles pulled him back to her side.  “Don’t you want to ride some rides before getting something sweet in your stomach?”

“All I heard from that sentence was ‘sweet’ and ‘stomach’,” Bam Bam replied though didn’t pull toward the food stands anymore.

“How about we start off slow with the Merry-Go-Round or the Ferris Wheel?” Pebbles suggested.

“I’ll race you to whichever one is closer,” Bam Bam said and bolted to his left.  Pebbles struggled to keep up, but reached Bam Bam at the line for the Ferris Wheel.

“This is a pretty tall ride.  Are you okay with heights?” Pebbles asked Bam Bam who was gazing up at the top of the ride.

“No problem!  It looks like fun,” Bam Bam said and the ride operator let Pebbles and Bam Bam into a Ferris Wheel seat.  They were strapped in by the operator and slowly hoisted into the air.  The wheel made its first revolution and Pebbles looked at Bam Bam.

“This isn’t bad after all,” Pebbles said.  She noticed that Bam Bam had a death grip on the steel bar in front of them.  If you could have seen his knuckles under his fur, they would be white.  “Are you alright?” Pebbles asked.

“Just peachy,” Bam Bam forced a smile.  “Nothing to be worried about.”

Whenever the ride came to a stop to let the passengers out in order, Bam Bam refrained from any sudden movements so they wouldn’t swing the car.

“What ride next Bam Bam?” Pebbles asked when noticing they were close to getting released from their seat.

“Something closer to the ground,” Bam Bam said with bug eyes.  The operator opened their cart door and Bam Bam sprinted to the exit.  Bam Bam headed to the Merry-Go-Round where the only thing he’d have to worry about was loud music.  Bam Bam climbed onto a white horse with brown spots and a full tail.  Pebbles picked the horse beside him, which was a black horse that showed his teeth and had half of its tall cut off.  Bam Bam seemed content while riding.  He even whistled along with the loud band music.

“I’d say we get some cotton candy after this,” Bam Bam suggested.

 

Bam Bam walked away from the food stand with a stick of cotton candy that was just about as tall as him.

“Your whole mouth is going to be blue,” Pebbles said referring to the color of the cotton candy and that he was almost done with it already and was about to lick the stick.

“Oh well, what’s next?” Bam Bam asked and threw his cotton candy stick in the garbage can.  They walked to a ride called the Tilt-A-Whirl.  “Does this one involve heights?” Bam Bam was worried.

“No, it just goes in circles,” Pebbles said and pulled Bam Bam in line.  They got on the ride and immediately started spinning in circles.  Bam Bam felt his stomach rumble and put his hand over his mouth.  “If you throw up on me, you’re walking home,” Pebbles threatened.

 

After Bam Bam’s stomach calmed down, they headed over to the arcade section.  Pebbles had given Bam Bam a limit on what he could spend on games, though she was sure he wouldn’t follow the rules.  Before they entered the arcade, they saw there was a free fun house to walk through.

“Let’s go Pebbles!” Bam Bam suggested.  “In the mirrors, I can really see how big my muscles are.”  They entered the fun house and walked on a moving floor to get to the side with the misshaped mirrors.  Bam Bam came to the first mirror and was disgusted.  “This one makes me look short and fat.”

“Mine makes me tall and skinny,” Pebbles smiled and began modeling.

“Move down,” Bam Bam insisted and found the mirror he wanted.  It stretched out his legs and made his upper body wider, giving the illusion of muscles.  “I look like Rambo.  Just call me Bambo.”  Pebbles rolled her eyes at his comment and walked out of the fun house to let him admire himself.  Once Bam Bam was done posing and flexing, they made it to the arcade.  Bam Bam went to a race car game where he sat and steered a car.  Pebbles found a simple Ms. Pac-Man game and played there.

“How are you doing Bambo?” Pebbles asked when there was a pause in her game.

“Wonderful!” Bam Bam replied.  “I think I can get my driver’s license now.”  Pebbles looked at the screen of his race car game and saw him smashing into other cars and frequently ran into the grass and trees.

“Maybe next year brother,” Pebbles hesitated to say and went back to her game.

As they spent all their quarters, it was beginning to get dark out.  Pebbles noticed Bam Bam yawning while sitting at the race car game.  “Come on Bam Bam.  Let’s go get a funnel cake and head home,” she suggested and Bam Bam perked up.

“I follow anyone for food,” Bam Bam lit up and exited the arcade with his sister.  They got a large funnel cake with extra sugar powder on top and headed to the exit.  Bam Bam was licking the powder off of his paws, so he wouldn’t miss one delicious piece.  “Can we come back again Pebbles?” he asked now feeling even more sleepy.

“Anytime, brother.   Next time, I’ll challenge you on the Bumper Cars,” Pebbles said and put her paw on her brother’s shoulder.

“I accept that challenge,” Bam Bam said with a smile and they walked out of the fairgrounds with smiles on their faces.

© 2012 swilson85


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
Added on October 26, 2012
Last Updated on October 26, 2012
Tags: cats, fair, cotton candy, arcade

Author

swilson85
swilson85

Tyrone, PA



About
I am an average ordinary person who would love to get into the writing field an get something published in my lifetime. more..

Writing