Axel~2

Axel~2

A Chapter by Sydney Ellen
"

Chapter two of my book Reasoning. This chapter introduces 4 new characters. All four affiliated with the Institution.

"

Axel felt accomplished. He had finally captured him, after a long run for his money. Thanks to his pure bred horse he had purchased weeks earlier, he was able to catch the infamous Subject 5534.

5534 was always a weak one. Weak but with an obnoxious spirit. He barely won any of the fights the Instituion held, always making it seem like a miracle that he was even alive. But now they can pin this on him and have him receive the punishment he deserves. Running away was a serious crime, punishable by twenty-four hours of pure torture for a week.

Axel dismounted from his horse and walked over to the Subject that lay on the ground, barely breathing. He knelt by it, and heard a silent lullaby.

Pathetic.

Axel stood up and spat down at the creature. He grabbed his precious axe from the Subject and wiped its blood on the grassy ground and threw it over his shoulder.

"Worthless peice of s**t." He whispered as he heard the whimpering from the Subject.

In an instant, Axel heard the hooves of the other three horses that were pursuing in the chase and turned around.

Chase pulled in first, wearing a smirk on his face.

"Great job, Axel! Well done!" he applauded while on his white steed. "That b*****d will get what's coming!"

Chase had never been Axel's first choice between the other two, whom were now pulling up, but he was loyal. And loyalty was key. Leah joined on her brown mare looking rather lethargic.

"Thank God, we finally got him. That took, what, three hours?"

"We? Leah, I do believe Axeldid all the work while you were behind us lagging greatly. After all, he is Abriel's son. He has his father's hunting skills." sneered Chase.

"Besides, where's Jeremy?"

And right on time, Jeremy pulled up on his horse, jet black.

"There you are," Chase started. "Where on Earth did you happen to doze off to?"

Jeremy just looked into Chase's eyes like a predator looking at it's poor defenseless prey before devouring upon it.

By far, Jeremy was Axel's favorite. Unlike Chase or Leah, he was well built and determined. He had a passion for what he was doing. Yet, he was Axel's greatest fear. His dark hair, strong and muscular built, was intimidating. Leah's blonde hair and blue eyes was attractive, but her fierce fighting style could paralyze you instantly. Chase's red hair and green eyes was nothing. He was more of an advisor then anything. He's only part of this chase because of his father.

"Pick it up and drag it back to the ITF." Axel ordered. "Register him in Option 3. I'm tired and I really want to rest." Axel walked over to his horse and stood there motionless.

The Instituion Torture Facility, or ITF, was always very busy, but never too busy for an Option 1 through 3. They were the worst of them all. But at least they got the job done.

"Jeremy," Axel called while saddling his horse. "Take care of 5534 when we get back. I want him to go immediately to the ITF."

Jeremy nodded, looking at Axel dead in the eyes, obviously trying to intimidate him.

"Leah, tie it up by the anhkle," ordered Jeremy, turning his attention to the girl.

The four of them, with 5534, dragging along, headed for home in perfect silence.



© 2011 Sydney Ellen


Author's Note

Sydney Ellen
This is the 2nd chapter of my book Reason (still looking for a permanant book title).
I hope you liked it.
If not, tell me. But tell me why.
Thanks.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Poor Damien. But you mentioned an axe that helped um, capture Damien. Where did it hit Damien? There was an error in there, merely a space issue, not too bad. But I liked this chapter too. You've done a great job so far.

Posted 12 Years Ago


wow, I want to know more about these mysterious horsemen/ woman. I hate axel right about now and when that happen the writers always know's they've done good ;D Sooo I kind of like Jeremy >.< I don't know why. Seems like he's the bad guy but he's described in a way that calls your attention to him. I don't know what it is but great work on this chapter. I'm just mad that it was so short.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

261 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 17, 2011
Last Updated on July 18, 2011
Tags: axel, reasoning, sydneyellen, horror, strange, survival, fiction, teen, damien


Author

Sydney Ellen
Sydney Ellen

Indianapolis, IN



About
I'm just an aspiring writer. Creative Writing Poetry Random Diary? Maybe. more..

Writing
Indiana Indiana

A Poem by Sydney Ellen