Three.

Three.

A Chapter by Wendy Grace

3

When we got back to Leo's house we all took time to reflect on the night. We relived all of Jay's strikeouts and tried to remember how many shots we'd each had. We were all pretty buzzed to say the least. All except for Shane, who had lost in the drawing to be designated driver. Owen and Jay took up one of the two couches in Leo's living room and shared it, lying on top of each other.

    "I love you man. You're so damn special. Y-you're gonna find a r-real sweet lady someday. I b-believe in you bro." Owen slurred drunkenly. Jay smiled back and said,

    "Thanks bro, y-you're the man!" and then they hugged and laid together.  Shane said,

    "So Lucy, now that we're all friends I think it's time we formally introduce ourselves. My name is Shane Hyde. You can call me Shane, Hyde, The Monster, F****r, whatever you please." He said, smiling. I smiled back and Leo said,

    "My name is Leo Roberts. you can call me Leo."

    "I'm Owen Bishop! You can confess all your sins to me, baby!" Owen shouted from the couch, sending us all into another round of laughter.

    "Thank you, Owen." I said. I already  knew Jay's name, and by then he was pretty much passed out so it didn't really matter. The only person remaining was Victor. He was already sitting next to me, so he turned, faced me, and said,

    "Hi, Lucy. My name is Victor Evans. You can call me Vic, or Victor." He smiled a sweet smile at me and I smiled back. A thought occurred to me and I frowned a little. I said to all the guys,

    "I guess since the night is over you guys want me to leave so you can go back to being amazing rock stars." I said with a smile, a small fake one. Leo looked at me and asked,

    "Are you serious?" Was I serious? He sure sounded like he was. I was confused. I answered,

    "Well, yeah?" He exchanged looks with both Shane and Victor.

    "We don't want you to leave! You said you talked to your roommate, right? Come on, at least stay for the night."  Leo offered with a smile. I smiled widely and felt Victor's eyes on me. I looked at him and he turned away quickly, acting like he hadn't been looking. After a moment he seemed to conquer over his shyness and said,

    "You have a really pretty smile…please don't leave." I felt my face turn a light shade of pink and I nodded.

    "Okay, I'll stay. But just for tonight. I don't want to bother you guys." I said. Everyone cheered and Leo went to get celebratory six packs from his fridge.

    "D'aww. looks like little Vicky's got a little crush!!" Shane teased, pinching Victor's cheek as Leo returned and set the packs on the table. Victor responded by throwing a pillow in Shane's direction.

    "Shut up." He muttered to himself; It was barely audible, but I'd managed to hear it and laughed. He smiled at me and I returned it shyly. I still couldn't get over the fact that anyone, let alone Victor thought I was pretty. I scoffed and tossed the pillow back at them. Shane then shouted,

    "Woah, Leo! Looks like the attraction is MUTUAL! Watch as the fierce lioness defends her mate!"

    "Woah, Shane! Someone's attracted to Victor! Write down the date, alert the media! Tell the neighbors!" Leo snickered back.

Those two sure were having a good time teasing Victor. I felt like I had to defend him, he'd been so sweet to me.

    "For your information, Victor is very attractive and I know that there are thousands of girls out there that agree with me. How are the invisible girls that YOU guys picked up tonight doing?" I said with a huff. They both had a smirk on their face that they couldn't seem to wipe off, but at least they stopped teasing.

    "Well, it's two in the morning, almost three. Goodnight guys, tonight was awesome!" Leo proclaimed, holding his bottle high in the air and then tossing it into the trashcan. We all nodded and said goodnight.

    "Well, You two aren't gonna f**k unless I leave, so I best be goin'. Have a nice sex you two! Make you you give me all the dirty deets, bro." Shane said as he laughed and walked out.

    Victor and I sat in a silence for what felt like an eternity. We both turned toward each other, starting to say something at the same time. We laughed and said,

    "You first." At the same time and laughed again. He then said,

    "Okay, I'll go first." He took a deep breath and said, "I think you're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. I, I mean I never got the guts to say anything to you in high school, and it's probably the booze giving me the confidence to admit this now, but every time you passed me in the hallway and you had your books held tight against your chest, my heart did this thing. I can't describe it, it like jumped like a little dog like "Oh, there's Lucy!" Ya know? Not to mention your eyes are all sparkly, your face is all cute, and what you did to your sweatshirt is beyond badass." He was referring to how I'd ironed the band's logo on the front.

    "Thank you," I replied, feeling a wonderful combination of flattery and shock. "I think you're the cutest guy I've ever had the privilege to lay eyes on. And that heart thing? I know what you mean...I didn't even think you knew my name. Sometimes I would pass the band room and hear a guitar melody  pouring outside of the door and I'd just know it was you. Your green eyes, how it feels to be near you.. You're just as sweet as everyone says. Something about you is drawing me in, Mr. Evans." I say. He smiles and slowly leans closer to me. He puts his index finger to my chin, gently lifting it so our lips line align perfectly with each other. I was afraid my heart was going to beat out of my chest when he pressed his lips against mine so gently, so sweetly. I never wanted him to let go. After a few seconds he released me. I bit my lip nervously and he took my hand and held it.

    "You know, I could really use a snack to soak up all this booze in my stomach. Has Leo got anything?" I asked. This sent Victor laughing,

    "Has Leo got anything?! Leo's a rockstar. I guarantee all he'll have in his fridge is enough booze to intoxicate all the children in America. And Canada. And every country. Ever." He said. I laughed and nodded. He escorted me to the kitchen and opened the fridge. I was in awe. All I saw was booze and some leftover Chinese take out from who knows when. I opened the freezer and much to my surprise found an unopened cartoon of rocky road ice cream. I got two spoons from the drawer and went back into the living room. I opened the lid and handed Victor a spoon.

    "To us!" He said, clicking our spoons together and diving into the ice cream.

    "To…us." I replied happily.


The next morning, I woke up with strong arms around me. I smiled wide, thinking they must be Victor's. I moved up with my eyes still closed and kissed his cheek to wake him up, "Good morning, Vic." I said with a smile. He turned his face so I could see it.

    "L-Leo? What the hell?" I asked him. He just grunted and fell back asleep. What was I doing waking up next to Leo?

   



© 2015 Wendy Grace


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

97 Views
Added on January 20, 2015
Last Updated on January 20, 2015
Tags: romance, love, couples, girls, boys, girls and boys, music, rock, metal, concert, romantic, friends, high school, teen


Author

Wendy Grace
Wendy Grace

Denver, CO



About
I write girly romance novels. more..

Writing
Preface Preface

A Chapter by Wendy Grace


One One

A Chapter by Wendy Grace


Two Two

A Chapter by Wendy Grace