Four.

Four.

A Chapter by Wendy Grace

4

Leo obviously would be no help, he was still passed out on the bed. I got up instantly. I was extremely relieved to see that I still was wearing what I wore when I initially went to sleep. It was weird, the last thing I remembered was Victor's arms being the ones around me and we were just talking and eating. I don't remember much of what we said, and I was thanking God I didn't have a killer hangover. I always remember: "Beer before liquor, you'll never be sicker. Liquor before beer, you're in the clear!"

    I was still trying to find my way around the house when I ended up in the kitchen. Owen was in there, and he was holding something. He noticed me, turned around and asked, "Someone lose a phone?" he held up a white iPhone with the band's logo drawn on the back in black sharpie. His eyes had dark purple circles and I could practically feel the pain of his headache radiating off of him and hitting me.

    "Uh, yeah. That's mine. No clue how you ended up with that, but thanks." I said.

    "Woah man, no need to scream." Shane responded, covering his ears.

    "Oh, sorry." I said, whispering. I spotted Victor sitting alone on the back porch and was filled to the brim with worry. Had I done something totally stupid after we'd drank? I certainly couldn’t avoid him. And I supposed if anyone knew what happened, it was him. I approached him and tried to play it cool. I wrapped my arms around his neck from behind and repeated the good morning that was meant for him.

    "Morning Vic," I said, kissing his cheek. He smiled widely and put me in his lap and responded,

    "Hey there," And he brought his face close to mine and he eskimo kissed me, then he kissed my nose. Was this a dream? It was all too perfect to be real. I snapped out of my happy world and remembered what I'd wanted to ask him. My face fell and he instantly looked concerned. "Whatsa matter Luce?" He asked.

     "I, uh, have a question.." I said nervously.

    "Well, what is it? Ask me anything." He responded warmly. He was certainly no longer shy about how he felt about me. I guess he felt safe now, knowing the attraction was beyond mutual.

     "Any clue why I woke up next to Leo this morning?" I asked, concern on my face. He looked at me, thought, and then answered,

    "Oh! That! Haha, you were so beyond tired and drunk and it was so cute. I didn't want you to have to sleep on the floor, so I slept on the floor and put you in Leo's bed. He didn't even notice."

    I was so relieved. I smiled widely and planted my lips on his. I could feel his smile through our kiss as sparks flew all around us.  

     "Wooaah!” Shane exclaimed, interrupting us. Victor and I both blushed. "When did THIS happen? Guys, I won the bet! They were making out by morning! Hell yes! I just made seventy-five bucks! Thanks for being so horny, you two." Shane said with a wink, dashing into the living room to collect his winnings.  

    "Can you believe they bet on you? That's awful!" I said with a laugh. Victor responded with,

    "I believe it. I told them from the start I couldn't believe I found you again and then they just went on and on about how I had to go talk to you, so I did. And here we are." He smiled wide and the morning sunlight reflected from his bright eyes. I was glad the rest of the guys talked him into talking to me. Let's be honest, if he hadn't I probably would've ended up leaving last night. I would've been upset, and Victor would've felt regretful. Who knows if we would've ever seen each other again?

    Leo walked into the doorway of the porch and was already wearing his aviators. He turned to me and said,

    "Thanks for the good morning kiss." And Victor gave me a puzzled look.

    "I thought he was you!" I defended. Victor laughed. Jay and Owen burst through the front door and they both spotted me in Victor's lap and gave each other smiles.

    "I knew she'd still be here! Nice catch, Vic." Jay said.

    "Jealous that I can get a girl on my first try?" Victor asked with a satisfied smile. Jay stuck out his tongue at us.

    "So what do you guys want to do today?" Leo asked.

    "Well, you know I can't think when I'm hungry. I better go get a snack..or two." Owen said, jumping up and sprinting to the kitchen.

    "I'll help you!" Jay said, following close behind.

    "Last night's concert was the last of our tour and now we can just chill for a while. We should go to the beach, or even the zoo. I don't even care, let's just do something!" Leo said. Victor and I exchanged a glance,

    "The beach! You know she's lived here for more than a month and hasn't even considered going to the beach? I think she's crazy." Victor said, smiling his brilliant smile at me.

    "If Vic and Vic's girl wanna go to the beach, let's go. But let's go tomorrow. Like you said, we just got done a tour. Let's just hang for a day." Jay said, setting a bag of chips down on the table. Leo made a face and said,

    "Wow guys, it finally happened. Jay had a good idea! But in all seriousness, he has a point. Let's just hang back today." He said. We all nodded in agreement and I stayed with Victor, while the guys went with Leo in the basement to play video games.

    "Woah." I said, facing Victor.

    "What?" He asked.

    "It's just, you're giving up video games for me!" I exclaimed. Victor smiled and pinched my cheeks.

    "You're worth it. Why save some  princess from a castle when I've got my very own right here?" He asked smoothly. I blushed and looked at my feet, they swayed out of girly happiness and he smiled at me.

    "What do you want to do today?" I asked him. He thought and said,

    "I wanna spend the day with the most beautiful girl I know." I replied,

    "I guess I should leave so it's not awkward when she shows up." His jaw dropped.

    "Shut up, you're beautiful!" He argued. I shook my head. He tickled my stomach and I laughed. I watched as a wicked smile tugged on his lips.

    "So you're ticklish?" He asked. I had to admit, his evil smile was pretty enticing.

    "Maybe..." I responded, starting to get up from his lap.

    "Oh no you don't! Get back here!" He said as he held me down and tickled my stomach, I laughed and laughed.

    "Stop it! Victor! Victor, I can't breathe! Get off of me, you beast!" I yelled, laughing. He was laughing too and smiling almost as hard as me. After much of my persistent begging, he finally stopped.

    "You know what I want to do today?" He asked, smiling at me.

    "What do you want to do, Victor?" I said, putting my nose on his.

    "I want to take you on a date. Eight o' clock tonight, you and me, wherever you want to go. Assuming you want to go on a date with me?" He asked shyly.

    "Of course I want to. But I have to go home and prepare first. If the Victor Evans is taking me on a date, I wanna look good for it." I replied. He rolled his eyes, pinched my cheek and said,

    "You look just fine in my eyes, but if you say so."


I knew Mia was going to have a heart attack when Victor Evans came to our apartment, so I texted her to give her a warning in advance.


Hey. I'm coming home for a bit to get ready for a date, and I'm bringing the guy up with me. Try not to have a total orgasm when you see him, okay? -L


I'll try my best, lol. You make it sound like he's Shane Hyde or something. -M


I laughed out loud, literally and instantly replied.


He's close enough. -L


I walked into my apartment door and told Victor to stay in the hall for a minute.

    "Hey, girl. Where's this sex god you're going on a date with?" She said to me, not turning away from her phone.

    "Hey. I'm gonna let him in and go get ready. Try not to freak out too hard." I pleaded. She laughed again, rolling her eyes.

    "I'll try my best." She replied sarcastically. I gestured for Victor to walk in and she looked up, saw him, and her jaw dropped.

    "You...You're...You..." She stammered. A speechless Mia Lazzari. This was new.

    "I'll let you two get acquainted." I said with a smile, heading for the bathroom. I could feel her excitement and I remembered how I'd reacted the first time I met the guys last night.

   

I emerged from the shower, now surrounded by a steam filled bathroom. I wrapped a towel around myself and dried and curled my hair quickly. I applied my eyeliner and lip gloss and went into my room to pick an outfit. I went with black combat boots, short black shorts, and an old Rolling Stones t-shirt. I stepped out into the living room where Victor and Mia were talking and did a little twirl.

    "Woah.." Victor said, his green eyes wide.

    "Damn, you look hot as hell!" Mia complimented. She added, "Can I have a word with you in the kitchen?" She sounded like the principal, and it looked like I was in trouble. I nodded and followed her into the kitchen. I should've known this was coming. "Lucy?" she asked delicately.

    "Mmhm?" I replied.

    "Why didn't you tell me that you spent last night flirting it up with VICTOR EVANS?!" She shouted. I laughed so hard, I couldn't help it. I knew Victor could hear us and he was laughing to himself too.

    "I didn't think it was something I could just say, because I knew you'd freak out! I'm sorry. You know, maybe I can make it up to you by convincing Shane to go on a double date with us." Her eyes nearly popped out of her head,

    "SHANE HYDE IS SINGLE?!" She shouted. Victor and I were both dying laughing.

    "I promise I'll explain all of this to you later, I gotta go now, I'll text you later!" I said. Victor grabbed my hand and we walked out of the apartment, waving to Mia as we left.


© 2015 Wendy Grace


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
Added on January 21, 2015
Last Updated on January 21, 2015
Tags: boys, girls and boys, music, girls, teen, high school, friends, romantic, concert, metal, rock, couples, love, romance


Author

Wendy Grace
Wendy Grace

Denver, CO



About
I write girly romance novels. more..

Writing
Preface Preface

A Chapter by Wendy Grace


One One

A Chapter by Wendy Grace


Two Two

A Chapter by Wendy Grace