Helvetican Ouroboros

Helvetican Ouroboros

A Story by Hanakuso
"

20 years old and still forever alone. If ever I have the courage to have a one-night stand, this is a letter I shall be leaving on his pillow - a letter to apologize and to remember me by.

"

I write this letter to you while you dream. Your sleeping profile is fragile, a tender delight.  My love, I have loved you with a love I had not believed possible, a love which I thought could not exist, will never exist between a man and a woman. This undefiled emotion has made me powerful and humble, assured and weak-- a man with morals but haunted with inhibited ideals.

 

My beloved, the tender moonlight drops its radiant light on your unmoving face as I write.  I unwittingly reach out to touch your perfect features but then the magic would be broken.

 

These words are for you. You own these words. When you wake up and find this letter, you will find too many words. Written here on this scrap of paper, there are so many ways I have described the ways I felt about you. And believe me, there will be more.

 

There is no sadness. Since the two of us were born, we have carried so many expectations. However, this treasured bond I shared with you would soon be strangled. The things we’ve done, the words we’ve said, the places we’ve been, will all be gone. Tonight, let us relish the memories we’ve had. 

 

We’ve been through the darkness. We’ve battled the sepulcher of fear. Your hesitant steps, they warmed me. I followed you, the hollow echoes of the cold receding from my mind.

 

You’re okay. I just need you to breathe. Breathe. Let me teach you how to breathe, so that air you give is the air I need to take.

 

You told me you were shy. Don’t be. You can touch me, with your trembling hands and small fingers. Take a piece of me. Take a little piece every day, until I am nothing you are complete. Until nothing is left, and until I eventually disappear. Till then, you can take a piece of me.

 

Precious heart, you need to spend more time being in awe. Find the peace you’re looking for in this moment.

 

Light of my life, do not be afraid. Be in the now. Be in yourself. This adventure, we have launched together. Call it a meeting. Call it kismet. Call it fate. 


This is our story, a history to be written.  

© 2012 Hanakuso


Author's Note

Hanakuso
I apologize for any grammatical errors; I was in a rush when I wrote this. Please review, than you!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I really, really liked this. I didn't catch any grammatical errors if there were any. Truly is beautiful. I loved this:

We’ve been through the darkness. We’ve battled the sepulcher of fear. Your hesitant steps, they warmed me. I followed you, the hollow echoes of the cold receding from my mind.

Such depth of thought.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Hanakuso, I love the story; the intensity; the sensitivity, the depth of passion and emotion. And it's written well.

But I am confused by the gender of the person writing the letter - man/woman? Here is where I get confused: 'this is a letter I shall be leaving on his pillow - ' then: 'I write this letter _______________ a man with morals but haunted with inhibited ideals.' Please help me understand this.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hanakuso

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much, that warmed my heart! Ah, "this is a letter I shall be leaving on his pillow" was.. read more
Nice playing with the words! ^^

Posted 11 Years Ago


I really, really liked this. I didn't catch any grammatical errors if there were any. Truly is beautiful. I loved this:

We’ve been through the darkness. We’ve battled the sepulcher of fear. Your hesitant steps, they warmed me. I followed you, the hollow echoes of the cold receding from my mind.

Such depth of thought.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

429 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on November 8, 2012
Last Updated on November 8, 2012
Tags: love, personal, thoughts, romance, fiction, favorite, life

Author

Hanakuso
Hanakuso

Philippines



About
Jan. 21. Female. Asian. Catholic. Nurse. don’t think regret is 20/20. regret is myopic. hope is astigmatic. trust is blind. more..

Writing
On Smoking. On Smoking.

A Chapter by Hanakuso


On Sleep. On Sleep.

A Chapter by Hanakuso


On Trust Falls. On Trust Falls.

A Chapter by Hanakuso