The Mobsters Son

The Mobsters Son

A Story by taylor ross

            Frankie’s father was a well known man in Boston, but not in a good way. Frankie’s father is Anthony ‘Tony’ Bellomo, as in Bellomo from the mafia; this is what his father did. Mafia ran in their family, it was in Frankie’s blood. Everyone at school ignored him because they thought he would become a mobster like so many relatives before him. Frankie didn’t think so though, he wanted to become 'a somebody' and do something with his life. Frankie just wanted to break away from his family chain and get as far out of Boston as possible. He was a senior in high school and there were only about 3 months left of school.

            When Frankie left school at 3pm. on March 2 it seemed like it was going to be a normal boring day as usual. Nothing changed when he got home and his father was in his secret room with all his mob friends. Frankie never went in this room he wanted nothing to do with his father or his fathers name or ‘business’. One thing was a little different today though, Frankie’s mom wasn’t home and she was always home. Anthony hated when his wife left the house because he knew her life was always in danger and so was Frankie’s. Anthony did not approve of Frankie going to public school he thought that it was a huge risk and his son was available to the danger of people trying to get back at his father all day every day.

            Frankie started to worry since his mother wasn’t home so he did something he never did before. He ran in the room that his father and his ‘co-workers’ were in, but when he got in there he knew exactly why he never entered before. He opened the door and the first thing he saw was a picture projected of his mother being held hostage in what seemed to be a warehouse. She had duct tape on her mouth and a huge bloody gash on her head and she was chained to the wall. Before he could think he ran out of the room and into his bedroom. Anthony chased after his son trying to calm him down, but Frankie slammed his bedroom door and ran to his window. He opened the window and climbed onto the fire escape just as his father reached the door. Frankie climbed down and began to run down the street. He was just about to cross the street and his father was yelling out his window but Frankie couldn’t hear. A black SUV stopped in front of Frankie just nearly hitting him. Frankie turned and saw his father getting off the fire escape, and then he turned around and a big dark figure grabbed him and threw him into the backseat of the SUV. Anthony just reached the end of the sidewalk as the car was pulling away.

            As Frankie laid in the backseat with his head covered he had no idea where he was but it felt like they had been driving for about 15 minutes. Finally the car stopped and the big dark figure pulled the mask off of Frankie but as he turned around to get the duct tape and cover his mouth Frankie jumped out the other side of the car. He had no idea where he was so he just ran, ran as fast as he could and he was running to nowhere but he just kept running.  Frankie came to the end of a side walk and turned left. He came to a dark alley that looked like a dead end. He ran down it without realizing the end was so near. He got to the end and stood up against a cold brick wall, and then he heard them. The loud clomp of boots hitting the cement. Without taking time to think of where to go Frankie sprinted back to the sidewalk and ran across the street. He ran a few blocks while the tall dark man was close behind.

Finally he got to a park and he thought he was safe because of the people, but the tall man was not about to give up. Frankie kept running, but no one in the park seemed to care why or what this crazy teenager was running to or from. He passed so many people but no one helped him, not the old couple sitting on a bench, the moms who were watching as their kids played tag, or the teenage boy feeding nuts to a squirrel. He had no choice anymore he was tired of running and not getting help so he began to scream, “HELP! CALL 911!” this made several people in the park look away from what they  were doing, but Frankie couldn’t wait for them to help him so he ran up to the group of guys who were jogging on the trail. The men stopped and tried to get Frankie to tell them what happened but he was speechless he just pointed and kept spinning in circles, but no matter where he looked the tall dark man was gone.

© 2013 taylor ross


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
Added on February 19, 2013
Last Updated on February 19, 2013

Author

taylor ross
taylor ross

PA, United States Minor Outlying Islands



About
facebook: [email protected] twitter: taaay_ross gifboom and instagrams more..

Writing