String 1

String 1

A Poem by T. Smeltz
"

mental imagery

"
Rabbit in petticoat look at your watch. Dragon with flames. Thicket up ahead. The sailboat is coming. Surrender your bribes and lollypops. Scream at the top of the hill "retribution." Stand firm in what is happening. Quilted maple stockings fall forever from fickle flashlight frames; fastening footballs, focusing facts, and facing figures. Tying the loose ends, tying up the stitches in me. Forgetting the favor of frolicking fragrances through fields of fancy faces and fatsos. Salvation sings sweet sounding serials in surrounding seas seeming to silence sirens' sleepy tune of turning toys and teenagers to tots and toes. Two timing friends forever facing flagrant mobs of mushy mystics with their mashups and methods of math and language. Being sneaky beside sandals, bringing snakes, berries, and sandwiches under the tree testifying tortured love to limp ears not hearing or understanding. Not seeing; the eyes are gone she removes the mask and ropes underneath. Don't put it back so I can see your plot to hang me. Be gone and tie your shoes, we got to get out of here. Remember the rabbit? We are late according to him. Twisted, tangled, and trampled, my heart stopped picking up pickled peaches from my piercing pinched palace of police and pranks. Turning the tables of time turning Thyme and spice of life. Can you feel it tonight she said? I knew I would break her forgiveness. It's bliss and ignorance too. Good night.

© 2012 T. Smeltz


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is wonderfully written! I couldn't look away or stop for a second - the random change of subject, yet still staying with the matter at hand. You used a great vocabulary and technique! Good job, and please - write more!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

211 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 15, 2012
Last Updated on June 15, 2012
Tags: poem, poetry, words, flowing, images

Author

T. Smeltz
T. Smeltz

wilmington, NC



About
26 year old male from wilmington nc more..

Writing