Rain

Rain

A Story by Taylor Wentz
"

Will Jess stay with her boyfriend after catching him kissing another girl or not?

"

I walk from the football field, where I had just been running and practicing extra for the track meet monday. It was a late saturday afternoon in early september, the sun had almost completely sunk down. The sky was covered in clouds so full of rain, I could have popped one like a balloon and there would be rain for days. I was sweaty and actually wanting it to start pouring. As I walk I notice that my car isn’t the only one in the driveway now.

Almost to my car, I stop in my tracks and stare at the person looking back at me. The tall, blonde, tan, blue-eyed hunk of a guy said my name. I glanced at the ground and then back up at him. He started walking towards me. “Jess, its me.” he said.

I knew whose car that was, knew who the guy walking towards me was and knew what he wanted but I couldn’t look at him anymore. Austin, my boyfriend, and I had an enormous fight three days ago involving these three terrible people and one huge scandal. I was so shocked and didn’t know who to believe, so I had just not talked to anyone involved in the past three days and had been stress running too, a lot.

“Jess.” he said again. He walked up to me and tried to pull me in for a hug but I backed away. He looked at me sadly, “You haven’t talked to me in three days.” he said.

“There’s nothing to talk about.” I said, lying.

“Jess at least let me explain what happened.” he said, pleading.

“You cheated on me, thats what happened!” I screamed at him, feeling tears sting my eyes.

“I did not!” he screams back. “Rebecca and Jennifer have been telling you lies this whole time!”

“Austin, I walked in on you making out with that w***e!” I screamed again.

“Jess, I told you those three set me up! Rebecca and Jennifer told me you were sick and needed me. When I went in there Hannah attacked me!” he said, defending himself. I wanted to believe him so badly, but it was hard when you walk in on the love of your life being tongued down by the biggest w***e in town. I felt a drop of rain drip onto my face and look up. I felt his fingers pulling my chin down to look at him. “I would never hurt you and you know that.” he said, looking me straight in the eyes.

I looked into his eyes and I saw the truth in them. He got so close to my face that we shared breaths. I kissed him, pulling his face into mine, dropping my gym bag and wrapping my arms around his neck. He tasted like mint, like always. Rain poured down between us then, so much that it was like we were underwater, but I didn’t feel it. I didn’t feel anything, just the warmth of his lips and the strength of his arms. We broke apart, “I love you.” I whispered breathlessly in his ear.

I left his arms, picked up my bag, shouldered past him and headed to my car. I knew he was telling the truth, I knew he was watching me as I walked through the rain, knew I should’ve stayed with him instead of leaving him in the cold, wet rain alone. But It was over and we both knew it.

© 2016 Taylor Wentz


Author's Note

Taylor Wentz
Please let me know what you think of my work :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A breakup in the rain, very Dramatic. I think this is very tragic in the sense that he didn't do anything to deserve a breakup. Jess just has very annoying friends. Anyway, it was a great story.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 9, 2016
Last Updated on March 9, 2016
Tags: romance, cheating, rainy day, guy, girl, fight, kiss, makeup, breakup