The Dream

The Dream

A Story by Taylor Wentz
"

Classic case of a popular girl falling for an unpopular guy...

"

“Hey!” I screamed at him as he walked down the hallway quickly, trying to ignore me. “Andrew!” He turned around and stopped, waiting for me to keep up with him. I ran to him. “What is your problem!?” I said, out of breath. “Why are you trying to avoid me?”

“My only problem is you.” he said coldly pointing a long narrow finger at me. He wore jeans and a Bowling for Soup band t-shirt. His hair was tangled in a mess and he had circles under his eyes from lack of sleep. He started to turn around to walk away, but I grabbed his arm.

“Drew, why are acting like this? What did I do?” I said trying to catch his eyes. He was staring at the floor.

“You seriously don’t know what you did?” he looked at me expectantly. I just stared at him as he looked at me with dark brown eyes. “You told me you loved me.”

“Because I do.” I said reaching for his hand. He drew his hand back quickly with a scowl on his face.

“You play too many games, Jennifer.” He said so coldly it felt like an icicle had stabbed me right in the heart. Andrew had never called me by my full name and I rarely said his. “You go off and flirt and make out with all the popular guys, but then you come to me and say you love me? Me, the kid that stands by reading books and fangirling over The lord of the Rings and Harry Potter. The kid who listens to bands- bands like this.” He pulled at his t-shirt.  “You could have any guy you want and you’re choosing me?” He said so sadly that even my rock heart wanted to burst into tears. “Why, Jenn? Why?”

“Because you’re the only guy i want.” And I kissed him. He was so tall I had to stand on my tip toes. He tasted like wintergreen and his lips were soft. We broke apart only for a moment.

“I love you.” He said, eyes still closed.

“I love you.” I said and he kissed me, this time bending so I wouldn’t have to break my ankles to reach him. He took my head into his hand, the other resting on my hip. My hands rested on his chest, gripping his t-shirt. For once in my life I didn’t care what anyone thought. The only thing I cared about was Andrew and his warm hand running through my hair and the way he gripped my waist.

I woke up with a shocking jolt. Everything was just a dream. I look to my left and there's a man sleeping. I recognize the thick brown hair and the arched eyebrows as he sleeps away reality. I sigh with relief and turn to lie flat on my back. It wasn’t a dream, only a memory.

© 2016 Taylor Wentz


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Taylor Wentz
Let me know what you think

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think its a great short story and well written. I like the happy ending - although there is a bit of uncertainty which is good - is the man actually Andrew? Its the sort of twist that I try to build in to my own stories. Well done.
If you have some time to spare you might like to look at my poem 'Serendib -the land of jewels' It is based on the the true story told by a lady to my daughter who went to Sri lanka at the age of 18 just after the Tsunami.
Alan


Posted 8 Years Ago


Holy shmoly...I was fangirling the entire time.
Totally well written, especially the ending.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Taylor Wentz

8 Years Ago

Omg thank you so much!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

320 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 9, 2016
Last Updated on March 9, 2016
Tags: love, romance, teen, fiction, cheerleader, nerd