secret

secret

A Poem by Tatiana
"

part of story

"

Walking into the dean’s office was like coming home. Well, like a second home. “Hello Alexandra. How are you feeling hon?”“Good thank you. Is Miss Meredith in?”“Yes, go on back, and don’t worry about being late. I’ll take care of that.”“Thank you.”  One good thing about your family dying… you get to ‘slip up.’ Opening up the doors I take my usual seat in the plush velvet, Victorian winged back seat. Smelling like peppermint and roses I get the same welcome. “Alexandra dear, is everything alright. No one is being mean are they?”It took everything in me not to laugh. Putting on my oh-help-me-I’m-a-helpless-parentless- girl face I start the show. “I…I think I’ve come to terms and would like to go visit my home.”Eyes bulging out like she won the lottery; Miss Meredith looked relived. “That’s great news to hear! I’m glad you’ve gotten over your fears.”Blinking back fake tears I smile. “Yes, so am I. but I was wondering if I could go today. By myself.  Before I lose my courage and I don’t want to trouble any of one. It is only a little ways from here.”“Well I ah….. Don’t know if that’s a good Idea. I mean by yourself.”“Please. It would mean the world to me. Gazing into my eyes I knew she can’t resist. Letting out a long breath I knew I’ve won. “Fine. But you must be back no later than 4:00pm. Understand.”“Yes, think you very much.”Grabbing my bag I try not to let my smile show. Walking out of the office my smile drops. I’m really going back. Back to where my whole life spiraled down. Back to the end.

Chapter 3

Winter. My breath making fluffy white clouds. Each Snowflake telling a story. Walking on the uneven cobble stone path, I let my mind wonder.  “Alexandra, dinners ready!”  “Coming!”  Skipping down the stairs I walk pass the den and into the kitchen.  Everyone’s in their usual spot; dad at the helm, mom to his left, Alexander to his right. Pulling back my cheery black throne chair I take my seat next to brother.  “How was school today hon…...”

 “Caw, caw.”  Spinning I look up. “Who’s there?” in a willow tree sits a devilish looking raven.  “Ha, just a raven.” Letting out a breath I tip toe over. Extending a hand I reach up “come here little crow.”  “Caw.” Unfolding it’s tiny purple black wings it takes flight. “Ok?” felling stupid I keep on my way. I’m almost there. Turning the last corner I close my eyes and take a deep breath. You can do it, you can do it. Opening my eyes I take one slow step as a time.  Snow peaked towers peek out from under clouds. Ebony colored bricks gleam in the receding sunlight. Sloped roofs soften the bricks. Tall fogged windows open a portal to a new world.  “Mom… dad….” Walking up the spruce stairs I lay my face against our... my cold front door.  Grasping the worn silver nab, I ready myself.  Twisting it I push open the door. Every things the same.  Mothers red silk love seat.  Mothers thousand year oak armoire carved in stunning designs. Fathers crazed favorite velvet Kelvin Klein chair sits next to the fire place.  The fire place were me and brother sat so many Christmas ago.  “Creeeeekk.”  Feeling   anxious, look for were the sound came from. "creeeekk." there it is again, it's coming from up stairs. Grabbing the gold candle stick holder from the dark oak coffee table I walk up the stairs; listening closely. Finally reaching the top I tip toe down the gold and red hall carpet trying to figure out where it's coming from. "thump." spinning my eyes lock on father and mothers room. Anger boiling I rinch open the door. "Who are you?"

 

Chapter 4

Dropping the candle holder and my anger I stare at the most beautiful boy I’ve ever seen. Though I could only see his back. I could tell he had a lean body, kinda long black hair, and a tan just like mine. He turned then; and I think I lost my breath. He had the clearest green eyes spiked with hints of blue. Letting the volume slip from his hand he just stares at me. "It’s you...it's really you." taking a step toward me I take a step back.

"What! What are you talking about? Who are you?"  "I..." looking hurt and confused. He turns are grabs his bag. Turning he rushes past me. I don't follow, I’m too stunned. He’s already down the stairs and out the door. Running to the window I look out. He’s running to the left. Hummmm. The left? The only thing there is blue moon academy! Come to think of it, he was wearing the guy’s uniform. wtf? facing away from the window I walk across the room to the loveseat when my foot hits something. bending down I grab the book mystery guy was holding. it's the one. the one brother foretold in the letter. hands shacking I open it.  *good job sister, you have picked right now follow what is next in this book and good luck.* brother. turning the page I read. alchemy ancient science of manipulating and altering matter by using natural energy.

 

comprehension-understanding the structure and properties of the atomic or molecular makeup of a material. including the potential and kinetic energy within.

 

Deconstruction-using energy to break down the physical structure. into a more malleable state to reshape into a new form.

 

Reconstruction-continuing the flow of energy to reform the material in a new shape.

 

law of equivalent exchange-in order to obtain or create something, something of equal value must be lost or destroyed.

 

rebound..... sitting down I continue to read the book. human transmutation, soul binding, transmutation and so on.  finally the last comes into sight; go to the old red oak tree by the lake at 5:00 on Saturday. what? "beepppp" jumping up so fast I almost trip over. glancing down I look at my wrist. it's 3:54 time to go. Taking one last look I grab the book and run down the stairs.

 

Chapter 5

 

Crossing the gates back into blue moon academy I don’t check in with dean; but go straight for my room. Locking the door behind me I throw myself across my bed. Laying the book aside I try to make scene of the day. Brothers not dead! He’s alive, other there somewhere. Some guy was in my house, plus I’m meeting someone who could take me too me brother.  Drifting to the bathroom I take another shower and brush my teeth. As the sun finally sets I lay awake in bed; wondering what I’ll say when I finally see him again.

 

Chapter 6 Bram

 

She seen me. How could I be so stupid. She wasn’t so pots to see me. YET. Pacing back and forth I try to form a new plan.  Plan A- try to play it off, and do what Alexander told me to do. Plan B- tell her everything. Uumm let’s go with plan A. Alexander would kill me if I told her. I Grab my bag I walk across campus to the boy’s dorm. Finding room 76 was hard. Boys in America are rude. Once inside I empty my bag. Cash, fake passports, maps, chalk, clothes. Yep all here. Striping I brush my teeth and ready myself for tomorrow. It’s been so lone scene I’ve seen her.  Everything will work out… I hope.

 

Chapter 7

 Today was one of the longest days of my life. I barley make it out alive. Mrs. Andrea was staring daggers in me the whole period. She’s pissed. Oh well. Last class was here and I was sweating. I NEVER sweat. Then I heard the most beautiful sound ever. Final bell. Jumping up I run past every one and drop my bag off back in my room. I grab my little black bag and the alchemy book. I make it to the lake with 20 mins to spare. I felt like I was pacing forever. I almost didn’t see the guy coming. ALMOST. Mystery guy. “Hello are you Alexandria?” he had a voice like silk. I try to form words. “you were in my house?” great fail. His eyes hardened a little. “no I wasn’t.” …. “um I think I’d know if a guy was in my house. And yea you were.” “no I wasn’t.” looking helpless he told me the truth. “ yea, I was but that’s for a later time. I am here to take you to your brother.” What! “you know Alexander?” “you could say that. We don’t have a lot of time. The moons almost full.” “ wait. What. Were leaving, and what do you mean about a moon…” “never mind. Just meet me at the gate 10:30 tonight. Got it.”  With that he turned and walked away. Steering  after him I feel lost. Every things happening too fast. I slowly walk back to my dorm room. Numb Road trip.

 

Chapter 8

I met him at the gates 20 mins late. I suck at sneaking out. “What took you so long?” “Uumm…hall monitor?”  Shaking his head he turns and with a flash of yellow light the lock drops off. “Come on, we gotta make a run for it, they’ll be here any min.” grabbing my hand we make a run for the road. A shiny street bike black street bike sits off to the side. Grabbing a helmet off the back he swings a leg over and starts a bike. He throws me a helmet. I stand there. “Is this safe?” “Nope. Now get on.” Oh hell. Getting on I rest my head on his shoulder. I rap my arms around his waist. Then were flying. Heading for the city.

 

Chapter 8 Bram

She’s so warm. Her arms around me. Winding bens I keep a look out; and speed toward the airport. I could tell the closer we got the more she knew where we were going. “The airport?” “Yep the airport. Hold on tight.” We shoot out in front of a truck and pull in. “ok, go to gate 3-A by two tickets to Rome. First class. I’ll meet you there.” Giving her the wad of cash and passports I drive off before she can say anything. Parking the bike I call Alexander. “What Bram. You better not have messed this up.” (A*s hole) “No, everything is fine were flying to Rome like you asked. What do I do when we get there?” take her to the Sistine Chapel. Don’t mess this up.” Call ended. Shutting the phone I look at the time. 10 mins to take off.

Chapter 9

“Flight for Rome now boarding.” Come on. Come on where are you? “Told you I’d make it.” Sigh “whatever or flights boarding come on.” Walking onto the airplane was scary. (First time flyer.) “We are ready for lift off. Every one please fasten your seatbelts. Thank you.”  Oh no I’m sweating again.  Eyes shut, nails digging into the seat. I try to gain control. “It’s ok Alexandria, ha even when we were kids you sweated when you were scared.” “What do you mean. ‘When we were kids.’ I don’t even know your name.”  “Oh crap, I talk too much. Uumm…” for the first time I really look at him. A beautiful face, big mouth, lean body. “Bram is that you?” I can’t believe it. “ha, ha….hey alex?”

Chapter 10 Bram

,

 

 

 

 

© 2011 Tatiana


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
Added on December 1, 2011
Last Updated on December 2, 2011

Author

Tatiana
Tatiana

KY



About
I'm not really good at writing these soooooo... hi more..

Writing
zero zero

A Poem by Tatiana


Poem 3 Poem 3

A Poem by Tatiana