NEVER TOO OLD

NEVER TOO OLD

A Story by john Robinson
"

getting old shouldn't mean that you forget how to be young

"



As we get older we tend to forget how to be young. We discard things because we classify them as being childish. For example, I love animation. Looney tunes, Sponge Bob, The Amazing World of Gumball. And let's not leave out, The Simpsons, Family Guy, Bobs Burgers. I love some Anime Like, Cowboy Bebop. I'm kind of a connoisseur. When I was twelve I had about eleven GI Joe's.


My mom asked me if I didn't feel too old to be playing with them. I broke them all, turning the page. They would be worth about,$50.000 right now. Many of the toys that were all the rage when I was a kid are making a comeback. Like the electronic football game, or Atari. I don't feel that getting old should mean that you stop being a kid. Sure you have to kind of regulate things due to economic obligations, family, and so on, but one should always feel free to be stupid. To let go and just roll around in the mud.


Feeling free to be one's self, and just remain a kid at certain times assist with the emotional state. One can escape the world if only for just an hour. We, adults, work so hard at being adults. Society tells us that it is our responsibility. We need to find fun in an adult way. Go bowling, take walks, play bingo. To be honest the adult way can often be boring. I like to wake up Saturday mornings and watch Cartoons, Eat pancakes, eggs, and surgery cereal with chocolate milk.


Many of these cartoons like Sponge Bob are more sophisticated than we give them credit for. The Amazing world of gumball is abstract and the dialog is complicated. And unless you've been living under a rock, you know Family Guy. There are anime toons that can be dark and disturbing. Cartoons have long stopped being for kids. In fact, during the second world war, cartoons were made to take the soldiers minds off the war. It was a moment of relief. Cartoons in Newspapers are read by millions on a daily basis.


Often in private. It's a moment of escape. Comic books, graphic novels, are like crossword puzzles and Sudoku. It's the adult way of having fun. It's the except able way. Personally, I don't mind sitting in front of a television and watching Sponge Bob. I don't mind being a kid.

© 2018 john Robinson


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I must agree, SpongeBob is quite a character. Patrick and Squidward are pretty cool too. You've got to have some kind of release in this world today with all the pressures that are put upon you, why not cartoons? Good to meet you, John. I'll take some of that chocolate milk now, please! ; )

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kelly Scheppers

5 Years Ago

Actually, I prefer the lowfat chocolate milk. Haven't tried either of the two you mentioned, but th.. read more
Kelly Scheppers

5 Years Ago

By the way, I didn't know there was a Jamaica in New York!
john Robinson

5 Years Ago

Jamaica is Queens newyork,and almond milk is all the rage



Reviews

Keeping in touch with one's inner kid is healthy and very important, I believe, so kudos to you for keeping yours alive. I'm 70 and I love Spongebob! Looney Tunes? Hey, I grew up on that stuff. Bugs Bunny, Sylvester, Foghorn Leghorn--they're the best! Who wants to become old and grumpy and never smile? Not me. Nor you.

Posted 5 Years Ago


john Robinson

5 Years Ago

I love bugs,sylvester,daffy and the gang. They were the best cartoons,and still are,but as time goes.. read more
I must agree, SpongeBob is quite a character. Patrick and Squidward are pretty cool too. You've got to have some kind of release in this world today with all the pressures that are put upon you, why not cartoons? Good to meet you, John. I'll take some of that chocolate milk now, please! ; )

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kelly Scheppers

5 Years Ago

Actually, I prefer the lowfat chocolate milk. Haven't tried either of the two you mentioned, but th.. read more
Kelly Scheppers

5 Years Ago

By the way, I didn't know there was a Jamaica in New York!
john Robinson

5 Years Ago

Jamaica is Queens newyork,and almond milk is all the rage

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 21, 2018
Last Updated on October 21, 2018
Tags: cartoons, old, age, old age, animation, anime, fun, novels, graphic novels, comics, comic books

Author

john Robinson
john Robinson

Jamaica, NY



About
I like being me,but I despise my life. It's the old saying,"if it weren't for bad luck,I would have no luck at all". Then again I did spend twenty one years in Germany after I left the army. I did tou.. more..

Writing