Today...

Today...

A Poem by FORBIDDEN DESTINY

Today I sat and thought of all the things I left behind.... all for the needs of others. As I folded each article to pack in my soul's luggage, I wept inside. I lost a part of my soul. With each fold of the articles that no longer fit, I lost a part of me.

Today I sat and thought of all the dreams I left behind....all for the demands of others. As I placed each personal inspiration into my soul's luggage, I ached inside. I lost a part of my soul. With each layer that I stacked upon them, I lost a part of me.

Today I sat and thought of all the memories I left behind..... all for the wants of others. With every tear that stung my heart , rolled down my face, I screamed inside. Leaving every passing friend, I lost a part of my soul. Without thinking twice, I lost a part of me.

Today I sat and thought of all of me I left........... I'm thinking it it's time for me to unpack.
 

© 2009 FORBIDDEN DESTINY


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

this poem is my favorite from you. to me, coming from a christian point of view, I can see how although it is good to put others before yourself, you shouldn't let everyone else ruin your life and steal it away. Great poem!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Excellent write, expressed so vividly ....a perfect read. Gypsy_Moon

Posted 15 Years Ago


I liked very much, I liked the feeling I gained from reading this.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 11, 2009
Last Updated on January 12, 2009

Author

FORBIDDEN DESTINY
FORBIDDEN DESTINY

somewhere, CA



About
I am a proud mother and wife. I can be your best friend as well as your biggest fan. I will feed you when hungry, blanket you when cold, shelter you from the rain.....BUT hurt my heart my soul.... my .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..