Time Travel

Time Travel

A Story by Anonymous Me
"

It just dawned on me that I'm never gonna be her again. Gosh....that's terrifying.

"

It was morning, when I last saw her. Or perhaps early afternoon. It’s getting harder to tell. She stared at me with such a disappointed look on her face. Her eyes burned through my chest and I felt as though I was standing, wounded and naked, before a judge set on incriminating me. She stood regal and proud, with a confident smirk resting gently on her lips. Her chin was tilted just enough to make her seem like she was looking down on the entire world. But it was not in a bad way, it was in a way that made it seem as though she deserved to be there. She looked me up and down, her eyes lingering on the smiling penguins on my pajama bottoms and then on the stain on my sweatshirt. She pursed her lips and folded her arms across her chest. She was fully dressed at this hour. Glamorous, even. She had dark, wet, lashes and glimmering eyelids and shinning lips. Her hair was pinned up perfectly. I slipped my hood up and over my dry, unruly, bedhead. She smiled at my last-ditch attempt with a wicked beauty in the corners of her grin.

I had never envied someone so much.

© 2012 Anonymous Me


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like this very much. The following sentence feels as if it should be more than one sentence - "She had dark, wet, lashes and glimmering eyelids and shinning lips." I can see the image but I would like to arrive at it gradually. Does it make sense?

Posted 12 Years Ago


interesting, i like your writing style :)
-mariah

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

310 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 21, 2012
Last Updated on March 21, 2012
Tags: reflection, realization, hurting, shame

Author

Anonymous Me
Anonymous Me

About
i have a lot of things to write here but none that I feel that you really need to know. I guess i can tell you that i love to write. It's the only time when i am truly forthcoming. I've been told that.. more..

Writing