Dear You

Dear You

A Story by Anonymous Me
"

Im just tired of waiting for him to come around

"

There are still days when I wake up to hear the sound of your voice whispering on the wind that flushes in through my windows and overwhelms my ear drums. I know it’s not real. I know you aren’t there. I know you never were�"But I can’t help it. My fingers twitch and extend, the joint of my arm follows and extends them across the cold, disappointing, sheet beside me. Looking, always, for you. And even when I come up empty each night, it is impossible to silence the voice of you inside of my mind.

            “I love you,” you say, and because I stubbornly refuse to believe in your ability to lie, I believe in those three words, instead. I close my eyes and try to force myself back to sleep, turning onto my back and folding my hands across my stomach listening to the whispering wind as a lullaby I wish I could stop my ears against. The words wrap around me and flood my mind, and slowly I sink beneath the spell you put on me the day we met. It has been two months, sixteen days, eight hours, and three minutes since I saw you last.

Did you forget, Baby? When you freed yourself did you forget to tie the loose ends and free me too from this curse that I live under?

Because, now, every day I live in a lull. The colors are dull and muted and I can’t even think to remember how to brighten them. My mind is fuzzy, clouded and crowded by thoughts of you that I cannot rid myself of no matter how hard I try. The whole world looks wrong now. And you won’t make it right.

© 2012 Anonymous Me


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

The way you wrote this made me think. Well it made me think about a lot of things. About how i left a person i loved without any goodbyes. I think i can understand what they went throught and i am going to all him right now and give him a proper goodby and "i love you"

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dear Anonymous Me,

Stop waiting for him. You only put yourself through more and more disappointment. Strengthen yourself and if he comes around, then he comes around. If not, then find someone more worth your time. There are nights I still dream of him and there are days I blank out, sinking into the memories I wish to hold on to. In the end though, I know I got to move on and let time bring us back again and be okay if it doesn't. You won't be able to forget him, but it's okay because I bet he can't forget you either. Anyways, that's my opinion on the matter because I have become stronger without him.

As for the story, the impatience was all over the page. The agony of waiting on someone to at least say a word, but nothing. It's sad and it hurts, but yeah.

Thanks for sharing.

Sincerely Livana Lowell (LL)

God bless

Posted 11 Years Ago


I love this. He made it wrong but he can't make it right, so who can?

Posted 11 Years Ago


This was awesome. Think of using this as inspiration for a book?

Posted 11 Years Ago


There is a great sense of loss and the strange anticipation felt when you're the one left behind. The fruitless hope that lingers, the hope that it has all been a dream and that they will still be lying next to you when you wake.

Just a couple of things for you to look at or consider,
1) 'from this curse that I live under' I personally feel that this could be omitted. Ending the question after 'too' makes the question/plea feel stronger. Just a thought.

2) There is an errant quotation mark here '...were"But...'

As always, these are just my personal thoughts/suggestions, feel free to ignore if you wish.

Thank you for sharing.

Laurie



Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

288 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 3, 2012
Last Updated on May 3, 2012
Tags: heartbreak, sadness, depression, love, loss, delusion

Author

Anonymous Me
Anonymous Me

About
i have a lot of things to write here but none that I feel that you really need to know. I guess i can tell you that i love to write. It's the only time when i am truly forthcoming. I've been told that.. more..

Writing