Haunted

Haunted

A Poem by Talia
"

Just how I feel.

"
I am haunted
I need you to save me
I want to be free
You're all I ever wanted
I'm on my knees
Can't you see?
I am exhausted
From the mountains I climb
I think it’s my time.

I am haunted
By the skeletons in my closet
Let's be honest
I am haunted
By my past
A powerful spell was cast
I am haunted
By the spirits of the night
And the shadows in the light
I am haunted
By being trapped in my dreams
My life isn't what it seems

Feeling a little unwanted
I am haunted

© 2019 Talia


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

There is a directness to this that is very appealing. It cuts straight through and says here is my feelings, here is my burden and I wear it for all to see, simply yet profoundly. With this it is unafraid, like an ultrasound of soul and beauty. Good stuff!

Posted 4 Years Ago


Talia

4 Years Ago

Thank you!!
Sometimes you have to just get to the point lol
Glad you enjoyed it!
I really like this, and I relate to it. I love the dark vocabulary. I think you're really talented.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Talia

4 Years Ago

Thank you so much!
Glad you enjoyed it :)
I like your honest style Talia. The repetition of 'I am haunted' is strong, we can sense how relentless this feels for the subject. I sense the despair felt by someone who is looking towards the silver lining. Keep writing!

Posted 4 Years Ago


Talia

4 Years Ago

That is the only thing I can look to
Thank you!
I appreciate how this modern poem brings forth the classic and timeless sentiments of a damsel in distress. And then there's the age old question in romances such as this: Is it the person who we expect to save us from our haunts, or is it the freedom itself. Is it the person or the feeling that is the muse?

I feel your poem elicits this question. And looking forward to more feeling in your work, Talia. Have a nice day!

Posted 4 Years Ago


Talia

4 Years Ago

Thank you!
Glad you enjoyed it.
What I read is a haunting loneliness, a despair we experience when abandoned or deceived by a love one, someone we trusted would be at our side when we needed them most. We're not meant to travel life alone, and we're haunted by the thought of being left alone. That's what I read here. A powerful write.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Talia

4 Years Ago

Thanks for reading!
..............................
..............................

That is the sound of speechlessness. Holy friggin kwap, girl, this is amazing. There are only four instances where your grammar aint happening (No comma needed after "mountains"; "you" are doing the "plea"ding, so "for your plea" don't make sense. You'll have to find another rhyming word or turn the sentence around to properly direct the plea to make this work; "haunted" in Stanza 2 Line 2: decapitalize it; "or that toxic bite" has no antecedent. What toxic bite? Saying "with" rather than "or" - even "their" rather than "that" - would make the line better) - but Talia!!..... the message, the flow, the POETRY!!!! It's in frickin motion here. Your sound work is on point and frick, this is you bar!! Well freaking done!

(ps. You could add to the flow nicely by not fully stopping on the rhymes. eg. "a powerful spell was cast [on me]" Just allowing for the straggler effect to happen. But that's your call).

Posted 4 Years Ago


Talia

4 Years Ago

I'm glad you liked it. I honestly have been messing around with this poem for years and happy it fin.. read more
emipoemi

4 Years Ago

my pleasure.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
6 Reviews
Added on August 23, 2019
Last Updated on September 4, 2019
Tags: Poetry, feels, haunted

Author

Talia
Talia

Writing
The Nose The Nose

A Poem by Talia


Love Love

A Poem by Talia