Thoughts on Topography

Thoughts on Topography

A Story by Timely Disposition
"

Woman...the twists and turns...oh it burns

"

 

It was a delicious silence between each of her deep breaths. Her chest rose and fell in time, with tide on the beach. She was the same color as the sand. I almost couldn’t see her from where I was standing. The smell of the air was spoiled and salty, the sun was going down. The thought of what brought me here had been forgotten somewhere between here and wherever I was. Life was becoming hard.
 
I mean, I really didn’t know what was happening. My thoughts for this girl, my feelings for this girl, have become so thick.  I couldn’t see. It felt like a storm…a hurricane. Yet everything was still...completely still. Except for her chest. The topography of her torso would have made a lesser man cry. 
 
In this stillness, I could still hear the last song that had touched my ears. It was some kind of rock song that spoke on dissension amongst friends. I wish it would have been a happier tune, because it really was a poor soundtrack to my current movie. I was becoming baffled by how little she moved.
 
I walked over to her side and looked down upon her. I wondered if she could feel my presence. I wondered if she wondered anything at all. I have seen vegetables that seemed more alive. But I stood there watching the sun’s shadows tick time across her body. I wasn’t really sure what I would say when she woke...if she woke.   I just knew it was going to be new and fantastic. 

© 2008 Timely Disposition


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

226 Views
Added on September 4, 2008

Author

Timely Disposition
Timely Disposition

Minneapolis, MN



About
PLEASE RANK ME at POETRY BLOG RANKINGS... Go to this link: http://www.poetryblogrankings.com/members/poet_home.aspx?pun=aplocido So, I have been dabbling in another art...PHOTOGRAPHY...tell me wh.. more..

Writing