Bonita Mente 2

Bonita Mente 2

A Story by Timely Disposition
"

This is the next saga in this Latina girl's life.

"

 

Her name was laughter in certain contexts. It quickly became a funny story as she journeyed west. The reality of the situation was not as grown up as the idea. 
 
Demasiadas promesas”, she says as she boards the sunrise bound train. Promises are rarely kept by children. As the train leaves the station, she starts to wish for the smog-lined sea that her home rests upon. It’s funny how she had trouble breathing the Washington breezes.  
 
“Sí. La comedia era definitivamente el tema,” she says taking her seat in coach.
 
As the watercolor scenery streamed by, she wished she was less of a desert inside.   She’s dried up from the arid conversations she had with him. “Muchacho idiota,” she fumes. He promised her sunshine, respect, and love.   She was paid in ignorance and lust. 
 
Hours upon hours roll by like towns on the tracks. It felt a little like a treadmill because the Midwestern prairie has no variation. It has no distinction.   It’s really wasn’t a mystery that no one lived there. 
 
She starts to sing to herself.   It’s a song about motion called, “Natación en una Tormenta”. This perpetual song seems to be the perfect soundtrack to the motion she’s a part of.   When she gets back to The Apple, she’s going to go find happiness. Once she finds happiness, she’s going to thoroughly question it. Check all of it’s references. 
 
“No seré engañado otra vez.”, she says as she drifts off to sleep.   When she wakes, her mission begins, but for now sleep will be her friend. 

© 2009 Timely Disposition


Author's Note

Timely Disposition
I....I ahhh...I don't really speak Spanish.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

224 Views
Added on February 4, 2009

Author

Timely Disposition
Timely Disposition

Minneapolis, MN



About
PLEASE RANK ME at POETRY BLOG RANKINGS... Go to this link: http://www.poetryblogrankings.com/members/poet_home.aspx?pun=aplocido So, I have been dabbling in another art...PHOTOGRAPHY...tell me wh.. more..

Writing